Topic: moderated by ...

Ok when i make someone a moderator of sections of course it says moderated by .... at bottom well i dont like that so where would i got to get rid of this and what would i get rid of?

2 (edited by Tubby 2006-10-14 05:20)

Re: moderated by ...

simply open up your index.php and find:

if ($cur_forum['moderators'] != '')
    {
        $mods_array = unserialize($cur_forum['moderators']);
        $moderators = array();

while (list($mod_username, $mod_id) = @each($mods_array))
            $moderators[] = '<a href="profile.php?id='.$mod_id.'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($mod_username).'</a>';

$moderators = "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><em>('.$lang_common['Moderated by'].'</em> '.implode(', ', $moderators).')</p>'."\n";
}

and replace it with:

// if ($cur_forum['moderators'] != '')
    // {
        // $mods_array = unserialize($cur_forum['moderators']);
        // $moderators = array();

// while (list($mod_username, $mod_id) = @each($mods_array))
            // $moderators[] = '<a href="profile.php?id='.$mod_id.'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($mod_username).'</a>';

// $moderators = "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><em>('.$lang_common['Moderated by'].'</em> '.implode(', ', $moderators).')</p>'."\n";
// }

What this does is comment out the liness so this way the code is not taken in to affect unless you remove them.

thanks

This could be a nice addition to 1.3, Make an option in the admin options to turn it off!
so many people ask for this!

yeah i think its a nice feature but only when you have quite a few moderators to where you will have like 1 or 2 different moderators for each section. But since i dont like haveing many moderators i think itrs pointless to have like it say moderated by Bob, Joe, Jeff for each individual forum but if i would have more moderators and assign them only certain forums it be nice so people know who to go to for help.