Topic: sorting plugins in admin CP

I'd like my plugins to be sorted alphabetically within my PunBB control panel.  Right now they're listed without any rhyme or reason.  How can I make it happen?

Re: sorting plugins in admin CP

They are sorted alphabetically, kind of. They all have a prefix though (either AP_ or AMP, depending on who have access) which makes the sorting a bit weird.

3 (edited by Ree 2006-11-06 15:25)

Mine are not sorted alphabetically.  They go like this:
AP_DB_Management
AP_Clear_Cache
AP_Broadcast_Email
AP_Languages_and_style

They're not alphabetized and they're not reverse alphabetized either.  It's possible I broke the alphabetizing code during an upgrade, but if that's it, I'm still not sure what to look for.

I have tried replacing admin_loader.php, header.php, and admin.tpl with unaltered files from the latest version release, but my plugins still aren't alphabetized.  There are a lot of plugins I want to use, but I can never quickly find the one I want in the messy list.

Please, can anyone help me fix this?  It's driving me bananas.

Lets see
common_admin.php
FIND

if (!empty($plugins))
    {

AFTER, ADD

natsort($plugins);

The sorting will be thrown off by the AMP_ and AP_ prefixes but overall you should be fine

I think it has something to do with how it gets the list of plugins in the folder. When I want to cleanup the list, I just delete and re-upload my plugins.

it goes by the order of the plugins located inside the folder i believe tongue