1 (edited by c0ldskool 2006-11-05 05:16)

Topic: Firefox issue driving me insane..

Hi all,
I could really use some help with a Firefox issue Im having with my forums. In IE the site displays fine but Firefox seems to want to add extra padding to the bottom of <td> tags. I know its not any of the style sheets because I removed all references to all style sheets and the problem was still there.

forums.nanoedge.info

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: Firefox issue driving me insane..

I have tried every single thing I can think of... ahhhhhh! I guess its not an issue with td tags because I just put all the images on the left navigation in one table and it still adds space in Firefox.

Im making all my edits to the main.tpl file so Im wondering if its some issue with how the rest of the code generates pages...

I came up with a solution that I guess will have to do... it still looks different in IE however.. If anyone wants to take a stab at it feel free... thx

If you are still having issues with padding problems from IE to FireFox, it's because of how they treat padding and margins and how the two browsers interpret the css.  To be honest, FireFox is the one that is displaying the code properly and IE is not.

I honestly don't remember it enough to give a good explanation, really sorry.  You might run a search for box hack or something like that as it sounds like you are having that kind of an issue.

i don't see the issue there.  there is a very minor difference in the rendering but that's to be expected between ie and ff.

off topic: that's a nice template you got there, is it public?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I suggest you run your site through this: http://www.totalvalidator.com/validator/Validator

When I did it, I got this:

Total errors found:    29 (Core: 3, HTML: 25, Broken Links: 1)
Total warnings found:    12 (HTML: 2, Accessibility: 10)

If you fix those it should be rendering alot better smile