Re: Firefox 1.5

Finally the Check for Updates worked, downloaded a 500K file and voila!!

Now all I need if for Thunderbird to update.

Paul, I guess it's not fixed yet.

I checked for updates in Thunderbird 1.5.04 and it updated itself to 1.5.0.5.

So TB is updating just as good as Firefox is, I'm just a happy Netizen smile

Just got the Firefox update today, and much to my surprise the update system worked. It's the first time that it has for me.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Just got the 1.5.0.6 update. That's pretty fast =/

elbekko wrote:

Just got the 1.5.0.6 update. That's pretty fast =/

Apparently 1.5.0.5 caused problems with Windows Media Player or something.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

Just got the Firefox update today, and much to my surprise the update system worked. It's the first time that it has for me.

It's worked for me for quite some time now.

helter wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:

It's worked for me for quite some time now.

Yeah, I'm suspicious that maybe some extension (or the remnants of one) was causing problems with the updates.

33 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-08-05 17:15)

i think my lengthy list of extensions is causing my firefox to crash daily. time to weed out the not so usefull ones.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

i think my lengthy list of extensions is causing my firefox to crash daily. time to weed out the not so usefull ones.

Hehe, I remember when I had 70+ extensions and had similar stability problems. Now that I'm below 20 things are so much better.

It's hard enough keeping up with updates so that your browser and email clients are humming along.

Must be hard work keeping all those extensions up to date.

That reminds me, I really ought to check for updates... tongue

1.5.0.7 is out

1.5.0.8 is out smile

Thunderbird updated to 1.5.0.8 today for me also.

Now those Firefox users that didn't download 2.0, will end up getting the 2.0 update message soon.