Topic: Login "remember me" feature?

Hey y'all

Is there any mods or such so that a member can choose to be remembered before they login because I'm not fond of it at the mo ....

C'mon any takers?

Re: Login "remember me" feature?

Check your profile under Privacy, the "Save username and password between visits." checkbox wink

3 (edited by piniyini 2006-11-15 12:09)

piniyini wrote:

so that a member can choose to be remembered before they login

I think you skim read, don't worry bout it I do it too - heh ;-)

piniyini wrote:
piniyini wrote:

The "Save username and password between visits." function does just that. But it doesn't provide a checkbox at the login because it would be unnecessary.

if you use firefox, this does it any way wink

Jansson wrote:

The "Save username and password between visits." function does just that. But it doesn't provide a checkbox at the login because it would be unnecessary.

I'm wanting a checkbox at login, is there a mod that will help?

piniyini wrote:
piniyini wrote:

No, I read it perfectly fine. However, I simply pointed out the way that users can choose to be "remembered" in PunBB.
You could have a checkbox on the logon page and have that control the expire time for the cookie. However, that will be messed with by other parts of PunBB (ie: user changes their password, user sets or unsets the remember box in profile). You would have to ignore the expire choice set in the profile to implement this properly wink

I posted a request for this feature also. I'm amazed that people don't realize the importance of a "remember me" checkbox on a login screen. The point here is that users who don't manually logout are usually non-advanced users who don't visit their profile page either because they are lazy or just don't know how to.

I can point you to any site that has a "remember me" checkbox on their login page for this very reason - people need to make this decision when they login as they may be at school, or in an internet cafe quickly checking their forum and they know they don't want the site to remember them at that time.

Examples of sites with a "remember me" checkbox on login: punbb, gmail, yahoo mail, live mail/hotmail, oh wait - isn't it almost every site on the internet that has this feature? wink