Topic: Back to web development

Well iv been away from php, html and css for a long time. i wanna get my my site back up (www.justgizzmo.com)

I always loved messing around with that kinda stuff.

I don't really have much content to share, id love to share my music, but thats bad... and hard to do. im not really good with blogs, don't have many friends that would come just to see a blog.

I'm waiting for punbb 1.3, to be released so i can update some of my mods. that will get me back to the world of web coding

This really was just a rant, and maybe a topic starter, but what ever

Re: Back to web development

I'm really wanting 1.3 to come out as well. I hear that it's much easier and all, but I think you, myself and many many others are craving for the finish and release of it. I have a heavily modded (well, not too heavily, but heavy enough) forum running and I love PunBB, but I'm a little scared to do too much more with it as I'm not a php guru by any means and if something went wrong, I would be screwed.

With this extension setup we keep hearing about, I wouldn't have to worry about this kind of issue for upgrades or mods or anything. Put the plugin in, if it don't work, yank it.  Sounds great...I just really hope the wait isn't that long. I'd like to make a few changes to my forums...but don't want to do too much till 1.3 is out, I have it up and running and see what kind of extensions are coming with it. I'd hate to upgrade and find out that my previous hacks and mods to get it how I like it won't work anymore due to no extensions or some other reason.

I have a feeling we'll see more extensions than we've seen mods in the past wink

Jansson wrote:

I have a feeling we'll see more extensions than we've seen mods in the past wink

Same and I really hope so, but myself and many many others are wondering just how long we are going to end up waiting. I'd like to do a few other things to my forums...but worried about when 1.3 goes live and performing the upgrade to 1.3 and still keeping all of my current stuff. Even though some of the mods done to my forums I KNOW won't transfer over to 1.3...I just worry about some of the more basic mods or changes I've made to the forums.

I'm wondering on how hard it will be to make a decently functoning extension tongue

id assume that the extension would only "change/add" to the main punbb files, than you can add your own files.

once 1.3 does come out. i wont really have a website, ill be doing all my testing and moding on a self hosted server. i geuss i could start up a site for my punbb mods, but it just don't seem like it would work because there is punres for mods.

Gizzmo, You are fail in love with "Web Programming", Yes i know what is your feeling

Gizzmo wrote:

I don't really have much content to share, id love to share my music, but thats bad... and hard to do. im not really good with blogs, don't have many friends that would come just to see a blog.

You need more friends over the world.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Gizzmo wrote:

id assume that the extension would only "change/add" to the main punbb files, than you can add your own files.

No, you'll be able to add all kinds of files to an extension, but they will be located in the extension's folder (as it looks now).