1 (edited by Burnsy86 2007-01-05 10:03)

Topic: AdSense/AdBrite in my PunBB Forums?

Is it possible to integrate Google AdSense or AdBrite into my PunBB Forum?  If so, how can I do this?  The Ad codes use javascript I believe.  Thank you for any help you can give me!

An example is this: http://www.punres.org see how Google AdSense is integrated into the top?  How do you do that?

Re: AdSense/AdBrite in my PunBB Forums?

Do a search for adsense and you'll find a myriad of topics on the subject.

I deleted the other topic (one is enough).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Burnsy86 2007-01-05 21:07)

I know how to enter the code in general, but how do I edit the source code for my PunBB forum is what I am asking.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=32668#p32668
As Rickard said, there's plenty of topics on this

5 (edited by Burnsy86 2007-01-05 21:26)

Oh ok, sorry when he said do a search I thought he was referring to google or yahoo search, haha.  Thanks for the code, do you happen to know how to do the same thing with AdBrite (I imagine the codes would be slightly different)?  I (as well as many others) like AdBrite much more than AdSense because AdSense is all about clicks and impressions where as AdBrite lets you sell the ad space  on a weekly or monthly basis.

I've never used AdBrite, but I would just replace the HTML for Adsense in the example with the HTML for AdBrite

7 (edited by Burnsy86 2007-01-05 21:43)

Ok thanks Smartys, I will be sure to let you know if that works.

Also, what program do I need in order to edit main.tpl?

Just a normal text editor

It worked smartys, you just replace the google code with the adbrite code.  And when i doubled-clicked the main.tpl file it says unknown file, windows cannot open.  I just had to open notepad and then open the file by browsing for it.  So thank you for the help, PunBB is a great program, and even better for being free... that is very generous of you guys.