1 (edited by anio 2007-01-06 15:01)

Topic: Question for developers

Hi,

I have two simple questions for developers of PunBB:

1/ When will be published new version 1.3?
2/ Will be follow version of 1.2? 1.2.15, 1.2.16... etc?

Thanks for answer. smile

Re: Question for developers

anio wrote:

1/ When will be published new version 1.3?

When it's done.

2/ Will be follow version of 1.2? 1.2.15, 1.2.16... etc?

Not when 1.3 has been released.

Aha, so when it will be done, approximately, inside one/two months? <--- question for developers wink

If a major security issue props up in 1.2.14, and it's still early in the 1.3 adoption rate, I would think it would be addressed in 1.2.15.

But all future work would be directed towards 1.3, mostly getting mods over to extensions, so that users can upgrade.

hcgtv wrote:

If a major security issue props up in 1.2.14, and it's still early in the 1.3 adoption rate, I would think it would be addressed in 1.2.15.

Correct.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

OK, and can I know when will be released version 1.2.15? At least approximately, please. wink I need it know, necessarily. Thanks.

Learn to read please, it's not even certain a 1.2.15 will actually come out.

8 (edited by anio 2007-01-10 08:46)

To release v1.3: As I can see, none of developers don't want say it, nor approximately! I don't see why.

1.2.15 will come out when it needs to. 

as with every piece of software in existence, 1.2 wont die soon enough and things will necessitate that it still gets fixes for things like security issues for those who cant upgrade.

anio wrote:

To release v1.3: As I can see, none of developers don't want say it, not approximately! I don't see why.

because he/they never have and we've learned to deal with it. we don't want rushed worked to meet an expected deadline/release date which may bring on security issues to say the least then bring more work to hunt down bugs and fix them then roll out a new release.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

anio wrote:

To release v1.3: As I can see, none of developers don't want say it, nor approximately! I don't see why.

There simply is not an exact release date for v1.3.

As soon as the developers reach a point where they think it's ready and it's all finished up to make it a proper, bug free, feature filled release, they'll send it out to the public. And to protect their selfs, the devs won't say "it'll be ready by XX-XX-XXXX". Because if they don't manage to make the release on time everybody will be disappointed. Also, if the developers think of a new feature that has to be in v1.3, it'll also delay the release.