Topic: sorry to be a pain

I'm in the process of redesigning my website, and i'm planning on changing some pages that relate to PunBB...I don't want to make these changes and have to redo everything because 1.3 comes out a week later. So, is there an estimated release date yet? I mean, shouldn't there be some idea as to when it'll be released? I've seen topics from 2005 asking this question.....and it's now 2007.
So, any guess at all? If not, what kind of changes will there be to the profiles?
Not to the profile page, but to the database.

Re: sorry to be a pain

Note: I'm not a dev.

There's no ETA on PunBB 1.3, the devs have stated more than once that it will be released when it's done, if you want to have a look at the code you can browse the source here or see a subversion in action here (and you might want to thank frank0051 for it).

Personally I suggest you to work on your 1.2 integration.

Hope it helps.

The developers work on PunBB when they have the time and are motivated. Meaning some weeks lots of code changes are made, other weeks little or no changes are made to the source code. I believe they are aiming for a release before Easter but don't be surprised if it is released earlier or later.

Christopher Clarke

Blog / dA / MySpace / Facebook / GAIA

Twisted Legacy  - great community

4 (edited by teenagegluesniffer 2007-01-17 20:37)

I know all of this.
Working on 1.2 integration would be a bad idea.
I am going to have to redo the entire style sheet no matter what, and i'd rather not do it twice. I am also going to have to redo a lot of the code to integrate it with various parts of my site.
It's not your typical integration, and will probably take a long time to complete, so it's something I don't want to have to redo completely soon after i've done it the first time.

From looking at that, i'm glad to see that there doesn't appear to be any changes to the users (yet at least).