Topic: intergrate pun with the main site?

Hello

Im looking into intergrating my punbb forum with my main site, similar to here:

http://www.darkgaming.co.uk/forum.php

I was wondering, is it all that easy to do? im assuming theres no actual mod or anything that can help with it.

any help is appreciated, or if anyone can give me a point in the right direction with some help, thanks!

Re: intergrate pun with the main site?

Moved to Integration

Ease of integration really varies from site to site and depends on what aspects of the site you'd like to integrate and your skill level; the best thing you can do is give it a try and see where you get.

Tip: editing include/template/main.tpl will make things much easier to integrate, at least aesthetically.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I would make the forum include the php(or just the file) of the header and navigation, and have the forum skin not do anything on top if you wish. The reason why is because you would have to omit the 'requires' that include the header information.

I know because I am doing it that way, and it isn't as easy(i think). If I am wrong someone please tell me. wink

ive had a play around and it was a lot easier than i thought. but ive decided against it for now. my current main sites body width is only 500px so it really doesnt leave much room to squeeze the punbb forum in (without decreasing the font size so small that its barely read-able)... sad

well 500px is not that big in width. why not make it bigger?

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

yeah im considering it. its just it ruins the overall look of the site.

Bottom line is the current default styles were designed to run a a minimum width of about 600px, the next versions defulat styles will need a bit more space. If you want a forum on a 500px wide site you need a completely different stylesheet specifically designed for a narrow display otherwise it will look awful.

yeah ive just had another play with it, im thinking im going to leave it because it does look awful at 500px. Even if i extend my main site to 600px, it doesnt look that great. And it also makes the main site a bit crap looking, since right now, its quite a smart and compact site.

LINK?

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!