Topic: Need help! :( Not found install.php

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/install.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) Server at www.suffns.org.yu Port 80

Please help me to install forum on my site. I thought I did everything to install, but still no results.

Please If someone could give me detailed way to install it because I tried everything, even I have read this forum and still notthing.

Thx.

Re: Need help! :( Not found install.php

You uploaded the files into the /forum/ directory? Not into, say, /forum/upload/?

3 (edited by AlenNS 2007-01-28 13:10)

You say that I have to make directory forum/upload and than copy all contents into?

One more question. Do I have to copy on var/www/html or var/www/cgi-bin ?

You say that I have to make directory forum/upload and than copy all contents into?

No.
You download a copy of PunBB. Within it, there is a folder called upload. You want to upload the CONTENTS of that folder to somewhere on your website. Then, you simply browse to the place on your website that you uploaded the files to.

One more question. Do I have to copy on var/www/html ?

You have to copy the files to some place that you can view from the Internet wink

But I did it. I have copied  files from dirctory upload to directory forum and when I type www.suffns.org.yu/forum/install.php it says

The requested URL /forum/install.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) Server at www.suffns.org.yu Port 80

And I don't know what to do.

What should I have installed on my computer? Maybe that could be a reason of my problem? I don't know.

http://www.suffns.org.yu/forum/
You don't even have a forum folder in your website. You can't just name a random folder forum and expect it to work.

What should I have installed on my computer? Maybe that could be a reason of my problem? I don't know.

There's nothing to install on your computer: all you need is the ability to upload files

OK. Can I copy all the contents to root and install from there?

OK. I did it. I have copied all the contents to a root folder and started the instalation.

Again, I found a problem. I don't know what should I write in here...

Enter your database server hostname

The address of the database server (example: localhost, db.myhost.com or 192.168.0.15). You can specify a custom port number if your database doesn't run on the default port (example: localhost:3580). For SQLite support, just enter anything or leave it at 'localhost'.
Database server hostname

9 (edited by AlenNS 2007-01-28 13:41)

Please If someone can help me with installing pubb forum. I don't know what should I write in empty fields. I tried but there was an erorr.

http://www.suffns.org.yu/foruminstall.jpg

Why don't you try creating a folder named forum in the "root folder" and moving all the PunBB files there? That way the paths will turn out the way you wanted.
As for the database hostname, you can try localhost. If it doesn't work (or you have no idea about the other settings) you need to ask your host

11 (edited by AlenNS 2007-01-28 13:55)

Yes, I'm familiar with what the install form looks like wink

13 (edited by AlenNS 2007-01-28 14:06)

Sorry, I didn't want to be rude. big_smile I just wanted to mark fields that makes problem but I didn't send that picture... Sorry once more.

I write in all fields what I think it should, and when I finish it says this:

An error occured on line 58 in file /home/virtual/site152/fst/var/www/html/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Access denied for user: 'alenns@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Then you need to talk to your host and ask them for your MySQL details wink

Ok. I did it. But it's sunday and thay called me to tell they are not working today. sad Ok. Thanks anyway. Maybe I come back tomorow, when they call me and I don't know something. Regards smile