1 (edited by Chillyboarder 2007-01-30 18:49)

Topic: config.php

Yea, I installed it, told me to upload a config.php with the info, did that, but go to index.php and says the config.php file stuff with error or something, noticed some1 else had this problem also.

Edit: works now, this is just all annoying me, this vbulletin,phpbb,punbb,ipb, all making me mad last few days, realised can't legally host IPB's anymore -.-

Re: config.php

thats a shame. punbb is quite the easiest forum software on the market. you just need to follow instructions, read, and make sure you have the proper security on the shell of your linux box where you're installing it. doing it elsewhere, you'll run into loads of issues (ie: installing it under windows using mysql, apache or god forbid IIS, and php). there's so many factors that can piss people off. but a little experience with linux goes a long way.

~thegleek

I never had any issues installing PunBB on Windows...

elbekko wrote:

I have it working just fine on XAMPP, both 1.2.14 and 1.3 without any issues to report.

I'm using it on mysql and php lol =\

110mb.com

After installing punBB folowing error message is shown:

error message wrote:

The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first.

install.php i have deleted, because database entrys are installed successfully. There is no need to loop in between this sequence ;-)

Where can i get the config.php ?

7 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2007-02-01 14:59)

you have to create one with the supplied code from the installation process. make sure it's a .php file and NOT a .txt file. reupload the install.php file if you have to.

elbekko wrote:

me either.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

you have to create one with the supplied code from the installation process. make sure it's a .php file and NOT a .txt file. reupload the install.php file if you have to.

there is no code supplied by the installation process, neither a .txt or .php file. where should it shown or saved?

9 (edited by thegleek 2007-02-01 16:06)

intermaniac wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

there is no code supplied by the installation process, neither a .txt or .php file. where should it shown or saved?

I am seriously not seeing the problem here. The installation process is quite self-explanatory, but allow me to review what's already in the install.php file:

/// Display config.php and give further instructions

$config = '<?php'."\n\n".'$db_type = \''.$db_type."';\n".'$db_host = \''.$db_host
                  ."';\n".'$db_name = \''.$db_name."';\n".'$db_username = \''.$db_username
                  ."';\n".'$db_password = \''.$db_password."';\n".'$db_prefix = \''.$db_prefix
                  ."';\n".'$p_connect = false;'."\n\n".'$cookie_name = '."'punbb_cookie';\n"
                  .'$cookie_domain = '."'';\n".'$cookie_path = '."'/';\n".'$cookie_secure = 0;'
                  ."\n".'$cookie_seed = \''.substr(md5(time()), -8)."';\n\ndefine('PUN', 1);";

Then it tells you:

To finalize the installation all you need to do is to copy and paste the text in the text box below into a file called config.php and then upload this file to the root directory of your PunBB installation. Make sure there are no linebreaks or spaces before <?php. You can later edit config.php if you reconfigure your setup (e.g. change the database password or ).

Copy contents to config.php

<textarea cols="80" rows="20"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($config) ?></textarea>

which will display the contents of the above $config string which will be what you need to copy/paste into a text file, which will be called config.txt then you can rename that to config.php

Once you have created config.php with the contents above, PunBB is installed!

~thegleek

Only problem is when you're doing it with notepad and you don't choose 'Save as All Files', it saves as a txt wink

I made one from WOS that hcgtv gave the link out.. it has punbb running with apache,sql,zend,imagemagick,phpymyadmin
that is 15meg ziped and about 70 megs un-ziped.
that runs from a usb drive.
http://modelcrowd.com/portable_punbb.zip

now the config.php
create a new txt file
once you install the punbb the last step is creating your config.php
it will produce a code that you need to paste into the txt file.

example:

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'punbb';
$db_username = 'root';
$db_password = '';
$db_prefix = '';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '7e371079';

define('PUN', 1);

next copy that code paste it into the new txt file you created.
rename the txt file to config.php
upload it to the website .
delete the install.php
go to home page
http://yourdomain.com/index.php

your done........

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

12 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2007-02-01 16:57)

intermaniac wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

then you didn't pay attention to the very last step. sorry, my reply insinuated that the installation process supplied the actual file, but as Quaker stated it only supplies the raw code that you must copy and paste into a new .php file.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

lol... Dr J..

Hi Folks

that problem is found... it is known as "IE7" *grrrrmpfzzzzgr*

after using Firefox, the install.php worked fine

THX 2 all

15 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2007-02-01 18:17)

intermaniac wrote:

Hi Folks

that problem is found... it is known as "IE7" *grrrrmpfzzzzgr*

after using Firefox, the install.php worked fine

THX 2 all

you would be the first but stranger things have happened. tongue

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

dude. i use ie7 and i do alot of punbb install what issues do you have?
remember ie7 got more security settings that you need to setup...

Q

quaker wrote:

that runs from a usb drive.

haha cool. i cant imagine the uptime on something like that would be 24/7/365

~thegleek