Re: Calendar 2.0

Hi,

I install the calendar a  long time ago en it works perfect!
But.....now I set up a new group of users. The problem is that the users who are in that group do not have permission to put up an event in the calendar. Can somebody help me with this problem?

So I guess there's no more support for this mod until 3.0 (if any) gets released, right?

Thing is I'd like to try to implement it on my board, knowing that someone over here is available for help if needed...

Vanslyde wrote:

So I guess there's no more support for this mod until 3.0 (if any) gets released, right?

Thing is I'd like to try to implement it on my board, knowing that someone over here is available for help if needed...

1.3 wink

Anyway, if you decide to install this mod and you have trouble, post here and I'm sure that if someone reads it and knows how to help, he or she will.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Well I meant the next Calendar release... since we're in thread Calendar 2.0 I figured out the next release would be 3.0... aaaanyway...

I installed it, removed the bdays, it works great!
But there's one thing I'd like to change and I can't seem to find any infos about.

Even though he/she didn't post any event, a new member would click edit event and get to a page where it would read;
Infos
Go Back

How can I change this text in order for the user to know that he/she can't edit any event because he/she didn't posted any in the first place?

Vanslyde wrote:

Well I meant the next Calendar release... since we're in thread Calendar 2.0 I figured out the next release would be 3.0... aaaanyway...

Ah, I see. My bad wink

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I successfully removed the mod.

257 (edited by twohawks 2007-01-29 22:21)

Hi folks,
I have been heavily tied up for the turn of the season so I have not posted for sometime, although I do watch from time to time.  I have received very little (if any) feedback on the 2.0.7b proposal other than posts I see here regarding wanting features or misc difficulties...

Last I communicated with gizzmo he said he is willing/interested in posting an update(s) to Calendar mod in the same project zone (for the sake of consistency of where to find 'it').

...so considering the time gone by, and what I can spend on the project, I decided to simply finished testing 2.0.7b (beta) for now (its completed) and have issued it to gizzmo (last night) for posting. 

Its a zip, and it ihas instructions for 1) installing fresh, or 2) updating existing, and 3) adding features.

I hope you find this modded mod's instructions straightforward enough to implement without too much trouble... it seems like a lot of steps, but it really isn't all that bad.  Be sure to follow the instructions carefully!

Post any feedback at the Punres Calendar 2 forum here:
http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=208

I will respond to the things I can, and of course fix anything that I may have blatantly overlooked  or broke.

Cheers,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

258 (edited by twohawks 2007-01-29 21:31)

Vanslyde wrote:

<snip>
Even though he/she didn't post any event, a new member would click edit event and get to a page where it would read;
Infos
Go Back

How can I change this text in order for the user to know that he/she can't edit any event because he/she didn't posted any in the first place?<snip>

One thing you may wish to check out is
http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?pid=5521#p5521
...where they are discussing placing permissions code into the calendar.php file.

If you decide to pick it up again, I hope this helps.

----------------------
Oh, and as far as changing the link text, those are written in the files so simply search the Cal2x files for the text strings you wish to change.

Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

259 (edited by twohawks 2007-01-29 22:22)

pogenwurst wrote:
Vanslyde wrote:

Ah, I see. My bad wink

FYI, gizzmo said he was no longer working on this mod, however, he may pick it up again after pbb 1.3 comes out.  In the meantime its up to interested folks here to do something with it (actually 'here' meaning at the Calendar 2 Forum at PunRes mainly).  During Oct/Nov a few of us made some good strides  with it, and the results are in 2.0.7b.  I am sure that as I find time I will do more with it myself, and I will share whatever I got, but I do not see how a version 3 will be coming anytime soon.

Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Triathlon wrote:

Hi,

I install the calendar a  long time ago en it works perfect!
But.....now I set up a new group of users. The problem is that the users who are in that group do not have permission to put up an event in the calendar. Can somebody help me with this problem?

Did you check permissions under Administration:User Groups ?  Be sure the new group has the correct permission for posting (etc) set.

Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

The file has been updated. im sure everyone will be glad to see a new release. but remember most of this work is Towhawks and his team's work. Thank you Twohawks

262 (edited by twohawks 2007-02-04 21:09)

Funny, I just finished writing to you.  Hit the submit button just before you did I think.
Thankyou, gizzmo... and don't worry, I will take the blame for everything 8^P   ..but you still 'the man' ;^)

He posted it here: http://www.punres.org/files.php?pid=24
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

263 (edited by Vanslyde 2007-01-31 05:10)

Vanslyde wrote:

<snip>
Infos
Go Back

twohawks wrote:

Oh, and as far as changing the link text, those are written in the files so simply search the Cal2x files for the text strings you wish to change.

Cheers,

argh.. I'm unable to change that link text, or even locate it for that matter..

In order to figure out what part of the code needed to be changed I modified calendar.php so each <?php echo $lang_common['Go back'] string would become
<?php echo $lang_common['Go back 100']
<?php echo $lang_common['Go back 199']

etc,
^^ the number next to Go back being the line# where the string is located.

In common.php I created the entries
'Go back 100'    =>    'Go back 100',
'Go back 199'    =>    'Go back 199',

etc,

I was expecting one of these messages to appear... But that didn't do anything.. when a registered user (who never posted any event at all) click Edit Event in the main calendar view, the message Info, Go back still appear whitout any number next to it.. hmm

I went through the appropriate thread in the other forum (punres.org http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=208&) but couldn't find anything about it..

I will try to help you with this 'V' as soon as I catch a break, but it may not be till tomorrow night... I am under some deadline pressures at the moment.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

265 (edited by Vanslyde 2007-02-02 04:58)

^^ In calendar.php I had to find

message($lang_calendar['no_events_edit']);

and replace it by

message($lang_calendar['no_events']);

edit: line 651

smile

266 (edited by Vanslyde 2007-02-02 15:17)

I have a small display issue between my forum sidebar vs no event to edit window...

When I get the There are no events for you to edit message the left sidebar goes below the message (image's lower screen) while it would display without any problems in any other calendar screens (image's top screen)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/indiequebec/idqcaleditnogood.gif

The sidebar is from Wiki's miniportal article ( http://wiki.punres.org/Miniportal ) and I didn't made any modification to the code besides adding a few boxes.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this plz let me know! (or an idea of a more suitable thread where I can post this since it deals with both sidebars and the calendar mod) Thanks!

This appears to be a classic Div Alignment issue.  Did you test this in some different browsers?  I bet you will observe different results ;^)  ...
  Aside from searching the forum for clues about that, I also suggest you take a look at the week view section in calendar.php ...in the one I reworked I edited code for fixing the div alignement problems in cross-browser situations - it was a real bear.  I think I posted about this in the calendar forum at punres... I suggest searching t here.

If I have time later I will see if I can come up with some notes about it, but this should help you find some good lcues about how to fix it.  Hope this helps point you in a productive direction.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

268 (edited by Vanslyde 2007-02-09 16:21)

Thanks for your advice!
I get the same results in both IE and FF.
I updated my files with the code you posted about at the punres forum but this aint fixing the prob.

I'm usually good at comparing 2 php files (one that would work and one that won't), finding the trouble and fixing it, but in this case I sense the layout of the There are no events for you to edit output page isn't defined in the file calendar.php.. I don't know where it might be defined.

-Alternatively, is there a way to hide the Edit Event link for a guest if he/she didn't posted any in the first place? (but still available for mods/admin).

Thats all I need to put my calendar in prod, fixing or at least hiding this There are no events for you to edit output page.

Mods, could I submit this display issue ^^ in the Calling CSS Expert thread in case we don't find a solution here?

Maybe someone can help me with this slide little problem:

I try to add the minicalendar to  my portal page. The layout looks very nice as long as the default portal page is shown. When I put up another page instade of the default portal page the minicalender gets to width:-(
Can somebody tell me how i get the minicalender at a absolute width? It will help me a lot!!

@V  Sorry I cannot help you with the css issue.  I would go ahead and post at the css experts zone.

Per the edit Events Issue, the only ones who should have permissions for adding or editing events is set in the Calendar Admin CP, and is typically admins, and moderators if allowed.  I set up a user and assigned all kinds of rights to the group I added them to, sans being a moderator, and they still cannot access the edit events link, so I do not understand why/how you are having the problem you describe.

I suspect either something is wrong with your calendar installation or your groups-permissions settings (?).
I would suggest clearing your punbb cache,  and then, while you are testing, clear your own cache and cookies.
Another I suggest is this...

For testing, open up one 'type' of browser for being logged in as administrator and doing admin work,
and open up another 'type' of browser for logging in as your 'test user' and observing the effects of changes you make.
   If you are using IE, be sure the 'other type' of browser IS NOT a 'browser dresser' for IE such as Avante Browser because they share the same cookies and cache!
   In administration, keep changing the group assignment for your "test user", and then while logged in as the 'test user' in your other browser you will be able to readily see the effects of changing access permissions.  You may need to use Ctl-Shift-Refresh occasionally in your browser to be sure you are not pulling from your local cache.

Two more things:
1) "no_events", without the quotes, is the code to search for if you persue that course
2) I/we may be better able to help if you can post more explicit information regarding your group permissions settings for guest, AND describing the sequence of links being clciked in order to be arriving at the page you describe.  If there is a flaw in teh code, we should be able to follow your settings and instructions exactly and reproduce, and thus identify, the problem... and then correct it ;^)

Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Triathlon wrote:

<snip>When I put up another page instade of the default portal page the minicalender gets to width:-(   Can somebody tell me how i get the minicalender at a absolute width? It will help me a lot!!

Hmmm... that's strange, the minical gets its width setting from the following code:

<?php    if($CFG_show_cal == "yes"){
    echo "<div style='float:right;width:215px'>";
        mini_cal($month_no, $year, "week");
        echo "</div>";

Be sure you are using the correct showmincal file, I believe it is the one named "showminical1.php".  Check the readme(s).

hope this helps.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

I have updated the Calendar 2.0.7beta mod for integrating links to the your PBB Gallery
Find it at the main Calendar 2xx thread here:  http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=208&p=12

Cheers,
HTH

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Vanslyde wrote:

<snip> but in this case I sense the layout of the There are no events for you to edit output page isn't defined in the file calendar.php.. I don't know where it might be defined.

@V.. It is defined there.  The no events message you see is called in the "Events List" section starting at around Line 281, in the following code, around line 329:

echo"\t\t\t<tr>\n\t\t\t\t<td colspan='2'>".$lang_calendar['No_Events']>"</td>\n\t\t\t</tr>\n";

It appears elsewheree as well, just search the file for "no_event".
Permissions are set in the sql query for "$result=" ~line 286

Vanslyde wrote:

-Alternatively, is there a way to hide the Edit Event link for a guest if he/she didn't posted any in the first place? (but still available for mods/admin).

Thats all I need to put my calendar in prod, fixing or at least hiding this There are no events for you to edit output page.

Afaik you cannot edit an event you did not post.  If its not your permissions settings then maybe something is wrong with your edited file... (  I note that you edited out all the birthday stuff).

I would be happy to take a look at your file and check your code, Vanslyde, if you wish to post the code (or a temporary link to where I can download your calendar.php file).  I can then test it for you here.  Be sure to use the !code tag! if you post the code here!

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

274 (edited by twohawks 2007-02-13 07:21)

Vanslyde and Triatholon

I discovered the no_event and permissions problems and have recoded Calendar 2.0.7beta to correct for:
1) incorrect displaying of no_event messages, and
2) permissions assignments errors with regard to add/edit events

I have posted the corrections here:
http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=208&p=12 

Please followup at the punres forum and
Let me know how this works out for you all.
Cheers,

Oh yeah, ps @Vanslyde... one of the corrections I made affected a change to an incorrectly suppressed div problem in the code ...having directly to do with the same page where you expressed you were/are having a mis-alignment issue.  Now that its fixed I wonder how that might effect your/that other issue??  If you use this code, please let me know about that.

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

275 (edited by mystic 2007-02-14 11:39)

hi i dont know why suddenly i can go in the calendar anymore... If i use Firefox 2 then it just offers me to download the calendar.php file...but if i use IE then it just shows "The page cannot be displayed" ...

I've checked all the files; they are still there but i dont know why? I didnt touch to them ; today i just wanted to add a new event then I discovered it doesnt work anymore...

Can you please tell me why?

Thanks

Edit: I have tried both on Windows and Fedora Core 6 but same result...

I love sky - i love flowers - and i love myself :D