Topic: Signatures + Avatars

Hi.
How would I allow [img] tags on my forum?
Also, how would I allow users to upload an off-site avatar?

Thanks,
- Poomie

Re: Signatures + Avatars

I got the signature problem working.
Now just for the avatar one..

- Poomie

http://www.punres.org/files.php?pid=134

That file is really unclear.
I don't even know what atributes I should have in the field.

- Poomie

That's a mod you have to install. PunBB doesn't support off-site avatars.

I know it's a MOD.
If you read my post..

- Poomie

So what's the problem? You must manually change the files as it's explained here.

"Add a field called 'avatar_link' in punBB users table. I think it's better to add it just after 'use_avatar' field."
That's all the info I get for the table.

- Poomie

Try varchar(255) not null default ''

I'm at the end of the MOD, but I'm stuck with this last tidbit.
It's in French.

#---------------------------------------------------------------
# Search :

envoyer sur le serveur

# Replace by :

utiliser

Do ya know what he is referring to? (I tried translations)

- Poomie

Don't bother, editing admin_options.php isn't really necessary

So I don't need to edit that last bit?
I did every other bit, and I really can't be bothered to undo it.

- Poomie

That last bit just looks like a text replacement to me. If you posted the entire thing above, then yah it's not doing anything.

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

OK.
Just waiting for my FTP server to get back up now, them I'll try it out.

- Poomie

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in D:\apache\htdocs\users\justgames\profile.php on line 905

Here is my profile.php:
http://membersxfw.com/justgames/profile.txt

- Poomie

16 (edited by deadram 2007-02-09 17:55)

bah, you profile.txt doesn't have line numbers X.X (brb, I'll edit this post when I get a chance tongue)

edit --

904  $result = $db->query('SELECT u.username, u.email, u.title, u.realname, u.url, u.jabber, u.icq, u.msn, u.aim, u.yahoo, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.avatar_link, u.signature,
905  message($lang_common['Bad request']);
907  $user = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

Erm... looks like line 904 is missing some code... did you copy and paste correctly when you were doing your modding? tongue

Try this:

904  //$result = $db->query('SELECT u.username, u.email, u.title, u.realname, u.url, u.jabber, u.icq, u.msn, u.aim, u.yahoo, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.avatar_link, u.signature');
905  message($lang_common['Bad request']);
907  $user = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

If you get the same error your language file is also missing the 'Bad request' tag. Either way you will have to find out what's missing on line 904 tongue

In your profile.php replace

$result = $db->query('SELECT u.username, u.email, u.title, u.realname, u.url, u.jabber, u.icq, u.msn, u.aim, u.yahoo, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.avatar_link, u.signature,
message($lang_common['Bad request']);

with

$result = $db->query('SELECT u.username, u.email, u.title, u.realname, u.url, u.jabber, u.icq, u.msn, u.aim, u.yahoo, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.avatar_link, u.signature, u.disp_topics, u.disp_posts, u.email_setting, u.save_pass, u.notify_with_post, u.show_smilies, u.show_img, u.show_img_sig, u.show_avatars, u.show_sig, u.timezone, u.language, u.style, u.num_posts, u.last_post, u.registered, u.registration_ip, u.admin_note, g.g_id, g.g_user_title FROM '.$db->prefix.'users AS u LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'groups AS g ON g.g_id=u.group_id WHERE u.id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
if (!$db->num_rows($result))
    message($lang_common['Bad request']);

18 (edited by Poomerio 2007-02-09 18:15)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in D:\apache\htdocs\users\justgames\profile.php on line 905

I tried deadrams'. I'll check in the languages one aswell.

- Poomie

OK, I then tried soonotes's suggestion.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in D:\apache\htdocs\users\justgames\profile.php on line 1767

- Poomie

Anyone?

- Poomie

My guess is your missing a closing curly braket... where I'm not to sure... If you add "}" to the end of the file, it passes the parser, but that will break the logic of the php script.

Look through the readme and each line in profile.php you changed, and make sure (by looking it over once at each change, and repeating that process 2-5 times... do not look a change a second time until you have looked over the entire file. That way you limit the chance of your brain adding in information that isn't there. <-- that's why you solve yesterdays problems the day after X.x Dam I hate the human mind,,, so farkin' malleable.

It works now smile
I double-checked it all, and it's fine now.
Thanks big_smile

- Poomie