$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '7e371079';

define('PUN', 1);?>

Thanks for Your Time in Advance It is greatly appreciated

Re: stumped about my db_host ????

Yeah, that might very well be the right host. The db_name I'm not sure about though. That seems to be the name of a dsn record. Try your username as db_name.

Do you get any errors by the way?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

only thing i'm noticing is that's an internal ip:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
Address: 10.0.9.14

so, where ever you are hosting punbb, it needs to be able to access that 10.0.9.x net.

outside that internal net, it will never work.

~thegleek

4 (edited by strobes 2007-02-05 16:21)

Yeah this is the error that pops even after changing my config.php to the correct db_name (my user name)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An error occured on line 58 in file d:\hosting\strobizzle\forum\upload\include\dblayer\mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net' (10061)

I'd talk to your host and ask them smile

6 (edited by twohawks 2007-02-05 17:28)

Have you looked at the database from within phpmyadmin and confirmed the name of your database?
When we set ours up I have to create it in mysql, which assigns the root username to the root of the database name, and then assigns the name of the database I have chosen, so it looks something like
hostuser_dbnameIcreated

The username is modified as well, so I get:
hostuser_dbusername

don't know if this makes sense, but going into phpmyadmin

dbhost is "localhost" on ours.

I didnh't double-check my post thoroughly yet, so I may have something not quite right, but maybe it will point in another helpful direction?
Cheers,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

7 (edited by strobes 2007-02-05 18:10)

Smartys wrote:

I'd talk to your host and ask them smile

I just got off the phone with them and they said everything was setup on their end properly there is a problem on my end with a corrupt file on line 58 in the mysql.php

I open the php document in word pad and line 58 is not there    but 57 reads:             if (@mysql_select_db($db_name, $this->link_id))

8 (edited by strobes 2007-02-05 18:10)

twohawks wrote:

Have you looked at the database from within phpmyadmin and confirmed the name of your database?
When we set ours up I have to create it in mysql, which assigns the root username to the root of the database name, and then assigns the name of the database I have chosen, so it looks something like
hostuser_dbnameIcreated

The username is modified as well, so I get:
hostuser_dbusername

don't know if this makes sense, but going into phpmyadmin

dbhost is "localhost" on ours.

I didnh't double-check my post thoroughly yet, so I may have something not quite right, but maybe it will point in another helpful direction?
Cheers,
TwoHawks

I believe this is what you mean

Database   
strobes 
Total: 1

Bound and determined!

strobes wrote:

Database   
strobes 

Previously you wrote:
$db_name = 'DB_123851.dsn';
$db_username = 'strobes';

...check it.
The username is the one you log into your database with,
the db_name is 'strobes'

?eh, or no?

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

10 (edited by strobes 2007-02-05 20:48)

twohawks wrote:
strobes wrote:

Database   
strobes 

Previously you wrote:
$db_name = 'DB_123851.dsn';
$db_username = 'strobes';

...check it.
The username is the one you log into your database with,
the db_name is 'strobes'

?eh, or no?

I changed that in my config.php file   Rickard stated that earlier    May be I ftp'd  the folders in the wrong order or something
I have them in the order of
Forum
docs
extras
upload

and copying file is in the forum folder also.

here is where I am @currently
the line 58 error is gone now and it says

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net' (10061).

the url http://www.shakersottawa.com/forum/upload/index.php

Or Maybe the Base Url is Wrong !           http://www.shakersottawa.com/forum/upload

Bound and Determined

Just e-mail your config.php to your host and have them fill it out.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

12 (edited by twohawks 2007-02-06 00:18)

@strobes... do you have html access to your sql database account maintenance,  say via 'CPanel' or some tool your host provides for you to gain sql maintenance access?

If so (and you should), you should have access to your databases with both "MySQL Account Maintenance" and "phpMyAdmin". 

If so...
1) in the "MySQL Account Maintenance" section it will post your db connection strings, which clearly spell out the (correct) host and the username.

2) As well, in phpMyAdmin (manager) your hostname is shown in big bold letters in the upper left of the main window pane.

Hope this is in the neighborhood.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

stupid question...
when u ran the install.php did every thing go ok . and next it tells you you need to put this in your comfing.php?

when u copy and pasted... make sure there is No spaces at the top.
line 1. <?php
so on.........

Q
because i have a secure server like that.
$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'db519.perfora_xxxxxxxxx.xxx';

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

14 (edited by thegleek 2007-02-06 04:44)

strobes wrote:

here is where I am @currently, the line 58 error is gone now and it says

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net' (10061).

the url http://www.shakersottawa.com/forum/upload/index.php

Or Maybe the Base Url is Wrong !           http://www.shakersottawa.com/forum/upload

so did you like ignore my post then?

only thing i'm noticing is that's an internal ip:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
Address: 10.0.9.14

so, where ever you are hosting punbb, it needs to be able to access that 10.0.9.x net.

outside that internal net, it will never work.

~thegleek

Thanks ~thegleek
Sorry if you thought I was ignoring you  . I assure you i am grateful for people like yourself giving me any advice or suggestions that might help my situation.    I did searches on the net about internal ip  and accessing 10.0.9.x net and was still not sure how how to connect to my external  ip or where to find this information for that matter.

quaker wrote:

stupid question...
when u ran the install.php did every thing go ok . and next it tells you you need to put this in your comfing.php?

when u copy and pasted... make sure there is No spaces at the top.
line 1. <?php
so on.........

Q
because i have a secure server like that.
$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'db519.perfora_xxxxxxxxx.xxx';

Everything Seems to have gone fine .I copied the config.php file  uploaded it now 
http://www.shakersottawa.com/forum/upload/install.php 
says  file 'config.php' already exists which would mean that PunBB is already installed. You should go here(highlighted) instead.
here (highlighted) takes me to    http://www.shakersottawa.com/forum/upload/index.php    where I get the  error 

Just ask your host! If they can't help you with this, you should switch.

in all honest, his issue is that where ever he is hosting his punbb at, it's trying to connect to an external db, but even more worse, it's trying to access an INTERNAL ip on the 10.x.x.x which WILL NOT WORK unless yer INSIDE that LAN. how many times do i have to repeat myself?

is NO one else here seeing this???

~thegleek

Who says his server isn't inside that LAN?

Smartys wrote:

Who says his server isn't inside that LAN?

that sir, he has NOT established with us yet. smile

~thegleek

Yes, therefore there is no way to say with any amount of certainty that your thought is right wink

Smartys wrote:

Yes, therefore there is no way to say with any amount of certainty that your thought is right wink

sure there is... based on the evidence so far, it leads to a pretty good case:

strobes wrote:

I am not able to make punbb work and think it might be my db_host

$db_host = 'whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net';     Is this correct

strobes wrote:

I did searches on the net about internal ip  and accessing 10.0.9.x net and was still not sure how how to connect to my external  ip or where to find this information for that matter.

strobes wrote:

where I get the  error 

~thegleek

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ … erver.html
Just because he's not familiar with MySQL doesn't mean he found a random address on the internet and is trying to use it

Smartys wrote:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ … erver.html
Just because he's not familiar with MySQL doesn't mean he found a random address on the internet and is trying to use it

i didnt state he was.. that address may be legit, but it can ONLY be used within an INTERNAL network.. aka: LAN/intranet.

~thegleek