Topic: Install Problem

So i havent used punbb in a couple years and im back to making a website and i wanted to install it on my site. Anyway i dled the newest version and uploaded it to my hosting. I went to domain.com/install.php and it brings up the page fine... i proceede to enter the infomation that is required but when i click sumbit at the bottom... the next page just goes blank... i tried going to index.php and that is blank also. i went back to install.php and it just has the same page with blank infomation that it wants enetered. I dont know what is wrong because i set up mysql database set up. Any help pls!!

-Ruin

2 (edited by Mark 2007-02-14 22:53)

Re: Install Problem

look in the extras folder the was in the package you downloaded and there is a file called example_config.php
rename that to config.php and edit it to suit your needs and upload it to the punbb root directory smile
that should work if your database has been installed.

ps. should be in troubleshooting wink

ok let me try one second

4 (edited by Ruin 2007-02-14 23:21)

no luck...can you paste all the code and show me exactly where to put each thing?

ok i know whats wrong... when i creat a folder it works because i can set writing privilages to it but in the main / folder it doesnt work. anyone know how to change it?

Install punbb to a subfoler.

Then move punbb to the root folder.

Now you will need to either manually delete the ./cache/*.php files and edit your database manually to check the punbb root directory, or manually edit the ./cache/cache_config.php file to inticate the new root foler and log-in to punbb as an admin, and go into the options panel and re-update the root directory.

it's root directory or base diretory, or something like that.

Also, I remeber having this same problem before, it might be some missing php mods on the server, or incorrect database data. I can't remeber what cause this problem for me though...

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;