Topic: My newbie list of open questions

I m in the process of migrating a smf forum with 1K registered users and 130K posts to PunBB. I installed the current version, installed the PM mod (because that's what the converter recommends). Before I do the converting I want to set up the new forum with just the bare necessities. So, a couple of open questions arose (and of course I'm looking how to solve those problems). I marked the essential things which are a showstopper if not available or I can't fix them.

Editor:
Where is...
... the smilie list (important)
... the list of available bbc tags (important)
... the globbing option for the recipient's name

Forum view:
Why do I get a "new posts" mark in the overall view when the new post was just posted by me? It's not new for me, right? (essential)
Why do I get a "new posts" mark in the overall view after I read the post in question? I read it, it's not new anymore, right? (essential)
Why do I get no "new post" mark in a board although there are new posts which I did not read during my last session (connection broke down before I could read them all)? So it's still new for me, right? (essential)

How do I get Subforums? I searched the mod ressources but the only "subforum" mod was not available (download page showed 404). (essential)

That's all for the first day of testing but I'm sure there is more to come when I get deeper into the matter.

wobo

FSFE Fellow #359 - The Freedom of Knowledge is a Human Right

Re: My newbie list of open questions

wobo wrote:

Where is...
... the smilie list (important)
... the list of available bbc tags (important)

They are defined in include/parser.php and explained in help.php. If you want to show them on the post, edit, and message_send pages, then check out Easy BBCode.

wobo wrote:

Why do I get a "new posts" mark in ?

The current system is just based on the timestamp of your last visit. If you want to change this right now, you can check out the Mark topics as read mod. FYI, this behavior will be improved in the next major version.

wobo wrote:

How do I get Subforums? I searched the mod ressources but the only "subforum" mod was not available (download page showed 404).

The author posted a new link inside the dicussion topic.

Thx, guardian, will check out the links. Especially the marking of new posts is a go/nogo for the forum software we want to use.

wobo

Installed and tested all 3 mods, working, thx again!

wobo