Topic: Rebulding index?

Tried to prune but I got an error about split-something and something in searchidx.. So if I rebuild the index, what happends? I mean, what does it do?

Re: Rebulding index?

It rebuilds the search index mainly I think.

zapher: That's odd. Could you perhaps paste the full error message you got when trying to prune?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare split_words() (previously declared in /home/hlcae/public_html/forum/include/searchidx.php:39) in /home/hlcae/public_html/forum/include/searchidx.php on line 39

I saw one thing now.. It deletes some topics each time.
So I ran it 4 times and now all the ones I wanted gone are..

Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

But I still don't have a clue what Build Index is..

The search index is a collection of all the different words that appear in the posts and in which posts those words appear. It's used for searching. It's much faster too search through a list of words than it is to search through the actual post text. Some databases have built-in text search capabilities, but since there is no standard for it, I had to implement my own.

The only reason one would want to rebuild the search index is if they have manually added, updated or removed posts from the database or if they changed the language.

zapher wrote:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare split_words() (previously declared in /home/hlcae/public_html/forum/include/searchidx.php:39) in /home/hlcae/public_html/forum/include/searchidx.php on line 39

Hmm, wait a minute. searchidx.php is the old file (from PunBB 1.0.1). It was renamed to search_idx.php in 1.1. Are you sure you've upgraded to 1.1 completely?

No, I use 1.0.1 since not all PunBB-mods I use have been converted..

Aha, then it's another story. Could you be a little more specific about when you get the error message?

When I prune and choose Not include stickies..