Topic: Why isn't © Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson updated?

Hi all,
        If a casual user of a board looks then he cannot know if the board is using the latest board or not. I don't know whether the users of a board are entitled to know the version of the board or not. I know it may have some security considerations but would like them to get the latest stable thing. Can we expect something like this in the short-run? I saw the 1.3 SVN screenshots which also doesn't mention anything.

Re: Why isn't © Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson updated?

The copyright date has nothing to do with the version number, which can be shown by enabling it in Admin Options. It is disabled by default for security reasons (so people can't search "powered by punbb 1.2.6" in order to easily find forums that should be vulnerable to an exploit). And admins/mods can see the version number in the admin index. There's no reason I can think of why users would need to see the version number of a forum they're using
The copyright years have been updated in 1.3 (although the copyright has been removed from the footer, it's only in the admin index and at the top of every file).