Topic: Still showing as Unread

When I have viewed a thread, or an entire forum, the icon that symbolises new posts, is still showing, when it should have turned grey again. I am using the COBALT default theme, with the latest 1.2.14 version.

Any suggestions/help? smile
Thanks!

Re: Still showing as Unread

Bumpp!

Help?

The current system doesn't work that way. new posts are set after a said time after login in. the timelimit is set in the admin options

What do you recommend setting it to ?

The default

Sorry whats the default again? I mucked it up!

Visit timeout is 600, Online timeout is 300

Will that make the image disappear once I've read or replied to the thread?

only after the timeout has been reached, which will mark all non read posts as being read (at least i think that is how it works).

It looks like what you are after is being coded into 1.3 (Rickard gave up and added it because of the amount of requests for it)

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Recoil: no it won't. The indicators have nothing to do with whether a post is read or not. All they indicate is whether the post is new since your last visit. The indicators show for the period set in the timeout. The option for marking all posts as read probably confuses the issue and should more properly be called "Mark all post as old".

Recoil. - maybe what you are looking for is the mod Mark topics as read 1.1.3? i think this does exactly what you want but i haven't tried it myself.

That script seems too much hassle Naitkris =/
Maybe a new idea of "once read, image goes" should be built into the next version.... I know I'd appreciate it wink

It's being worked on: http://dev.punbb.org/ticket/36

guardian34 wrote:

It's being worked on: http://dev.punbb.org/ticket/36

It's done wink

15 (edited by Recoil. 2007-02-21 18:46)

What am I meant to do with that now then ?
Is this compatible with the latest version ?

It would be a whole load easier if the Developers just made it how all the other worlds forums are =/

Recoil: PunBB is not meant to be "how all the other worlds forums are." It's meant to be lightweight. Thus, for 1.2, that meant not having an advanced "mark as read" functionality. For 1.3, that has been replaced with more advanced functionality. If you can't wait for 1.3, there is a mod to provide similar functionality in 1.2

I wasn't trying to "have a go" there Smarts smile
Any idea of when 1.3 will be released, and will it be what Im looking for?

As has been said many times in the forums, 1.3 will be released when it's done. And as I and others have told you, the new topic marking functionality is a part of 1.3