Topic: Search on topicstarter

A few weeks ago I started a topic in Modifications about the posibility for "Search on topicstarter", but I still don't have a solution for this; I can't make it myself and there is no mod for it.

That's why I post this question here in Feature requests. I hope this can be implemented (is that english??) in the next version of PunBB? It's all about using the searchoption to search for all topics started by a specific author.

2 (edited by deadram 2007-02-26 09:41)

Re: Search on topicstarter

You can do this already, can't you? You just get extra results with your search, and have to "manually filter" out the results that don't show your target author in the "by <author>".

Presumably, this would be easy to add as a mod/extention... wait a second...

|---- Select where to search ----
| Forum | Search in                     |
|-------------------------------|

If "search in" is "topic subject only" shouldn't that only return author results of the subject? (ie: only authors of that topic, and not authors of posts in that topic). ATM it doesn't, but it ought to, no?

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

Well, i tried all kind of search-combinations, including the one you suggest (Author / topicsubject only) but I still have tot filter manualy; when I do this at one of my forums, (e.g. "Show Off", a forum where members can show their 'projects' and I want to see all projects made by one user), manually filtering, even when I list alphabetically is not working very euhm.. 'nice' (can't find the right english word).

At the moment it doesn't, but it ought to, no?

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;