Topic: Huge request (probably)

I use a script called someryC to run my webcomic, and PunBB for my forum.  Well, recently I have been having problems with getting spammed on the "comments" section of my webcomic.   I was wondering if anybody would be interested (and I'll pay for the work if need be) in picking apart the someryC script and figuring out how to integrate PunnBB/someryC so that you have to login (from the main page, using the PunBB engine) to use the commenting system in someryC.  It would also be cool if all comments were displayed the same way as in the forum (avatar, etc).  Now, I realize this is a hefty request.  Ive made shots at doing this myself but cant get very far.  I know this isnt beyond the scope of talents to be found here, but I do realize that it will probably be a time consuming process, so, if this is something I will have to continue to work at myself, just let me know, but if your interested, youll be my valentine (not really)
Thanks (in advance cause the help I get here is always top notch)
ErcF

Re: Huge request (probably)

I've done this on my website (in my sig)
This should be pretty simple for you to do and i'll tell you how right now (as well as I can not knowing the script)
Anyway. If you have a single header file for your someryc throughout all the pages - then on the comments page, at the top, put:
<?define('TURN_OFF_MAINT', 1);
define('QUIET_VISIT', 0);
define('PUN_ROOT', 'mboard/');
require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';
require_once PUN_ROOT.'include/parser.php';
?>

Sorry  Change mboard/ to the relative link to your forum from the page.
Then, where the form is for the comments you will want to add an if else statement like this:
<?
if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_GUEST){
    echo"You must be registered to post comments<br><bR><br>";
}else{
comment form code & the code that sends it to the database?
}

It's that simple. If where the script runs to insert into the database is on a different page, then add the first thing I posted again at the top of that page. then, immedietly after add:
if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_GUEST) message($lang_common['No permission']);

So if they're a guest, they won't be able to view the page.

Hope that helps. Peace.

No luck

why not install akismet to handle the comment spam?

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

I looked over akismet and it seems to be for wordpress, I couldnt see a way of getting it to work, no big though.

Try this: http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=1850 - it's what I'm using on one of my forums.

Resolved.  Messed around with some front page extension thing till it worked like I wanted, thanks guys.