Topic: My Header does not appear

Hi

In the old version. I could insert my header by modifying mail.tpl. But it does not work int the last version ! The is NO ERROR but the header is not visible !

Here is the cod

in mail.tpl :
----------------------------------------------------
</head>
<body>
<pun_include "include/my_header.php">
----------------------------------------------------

What is wrong ?

Re: My Header does not appear

put my_header.php in include/user/

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

DONE ... It does not appear too :((( (there is no error, it is just non-visible)

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

It seems that it does not take into account the include instruction !I tryed to put the name xxxxx.php (does not exist) and the head does not appear (and there is no error !!!)

??? Any help ?

A. Relax
B. Is your pun_include now
<pun_include "my_header.php">

7 (edited by alicia_3107 2007-03-10 18:49)

Smartys wrote:

A. Relax
B. Is your pun_include now
<pun_include "my_header.php">

I moved my_header to directory user and put

</head>
<body>
<pun_include "include/user/my_header.php">

But it seems that my_header.php IS NOT CALLED ! Even if I put evry noun, it does not matter, the state is the same !

Once again, calm down. You misunderstood the way pun_include works.
Here are the steps to follow, given that you have a file called my_header.php
1. Put a copy of my_header.php in the include/user folder of the forum
2. In your template, use <pun_include "my_header.php">

pun_include ONLY includes scripts within the include/user directory, therefore there's no need to add path information

Smartys wrote:

pun_include ONLY includes scripts within the include/user directory, therefore there's no need to add path information

aaaahhhh 8)))) OK I understand now. Butthis only available for the new version ! I think it is important to specify this in th doc ...

thanks

alicia_3107 wrote:
Smartys wrote:

aaaahhhh 8)))) OK I understand now. Butthis only available for the new version ! I think it is important to specify this in th doc ...

thanks

I'm a little confused: pun_include has existed for all of 1.2 and the include/user directory rule has been in place since 1.2.6 (which was released in July 2005).
Plus, it's documented in the FAQ:
http://punbb.org/docs/faq.html#faq3_4

Smartys wrote:

I'm a little confused: pun_include has existed for all of 1.2 and the include/user directory rule has been in place since 1.2.6 (which was released in July 2005).

Il the version 1.1.x it worked differently. We could include any other path (It was better for me). Right now I'm DUPLICATING several many commun files. It is not practical. I suggest to let user include any php file from any path ...

alicia_3107 wrote:
Smartys wrote:

Il the version 1.1.x it worked differently. We could include any other path (It was better for me). Right now I'm DUPLICATING several many commun files. It is not practical. I suggest to let user include any php file from any path ...

That functionality was removed due to security concerns.
However, you can just use symbolic links to have the files in the right location without duplicating them

Smartys wrote:

However, you can just use symbolic links to have the files in the right location without duplicating them

Do you mean I can write something like

<pun_include "my_header.php.lnk"> ???????

then ?

Adding .lnk doesn't magically make stuff happen.
If you create a symlink called my_header.php which links to /home/user/whatever/path/my_header.php, you only have one copy of the files but you can use the header in PunBB as my_header.php (because the symlink file called my_header.php exists and calling that file simply calls the real file)