Topic: Easy profile fields language error

Have reached the stuck stage with another mod. big_smile Found one thread making reference to the common.php file, but it wasn't very specific as to exact meaning. The problem I'm getting is this message when trying to use the admin plugin for the above mod:

There is no valid language pack 'English' installed. Please reinstall a language of that name.

Might anyone be able to suggest where I'm going wrong? The lang/English folder is present and correct, BTW. smile

Thanks once again,

Matt

Re: Easy profile fields language error

Just when trying to use the one plugin?

Make sure the language files of the mod are there.

Smartys wrote:

Just when trying to use the one plugin?

Pretty much. big_smile The others have all been down to sql alterations being needed, (I hate sql), but this one is just refusing to work full stop. big_smile Tried it again earlier and it happens on all the forum pages once installed, not just the plugin page as I first thought.

elbekko wrote:

Make sure the language files of the mod are there.

Which language files? I didn't note any files packaged with the plugin itself, and for the life of me I can't figure out exactly what is supposed to go in common.php. big_smile

Oh right, it uses the lang/*/common.php file for it's (rarely used) language stuff. But that should only be used when you explicitly define a language index to be used when creating the field. Shouldn't give this kind of error =/

elbekko wrote:

Oh right, it uses the lang/*/common.php file for it's (rarely used) language stuff. But that should only be used when you explicitly define a language index to be used when creating the field. Shouldn't give this kind of error =/

I've finally given up on it. It was driving me to distraction. big_smile Thanks ever so much for all the assistance, however. Greatly appreciated. smile

Just as an aside, it has forced me to write my own updates into profile/viewtopic/admin_options and the lang files to achieve this function, so is it worthwhile me popping up the diffs when I've finished it just incase anyone wishes to use them later? smile