1 (edited by Chris Powell 2007-03-16 16:53)

Topic: have a little problem with the private messaging mod

i try to pm test but get

The webpage cannot be found

http://www.christopher-powell.co.uk/for … d.php?id=3

i think i got some of the coding wrong when it come to profile.php bit

here's a section of where i think i went wrong going by the error im getting when trying to send a message to test to test if it works heh

<?php

require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';
}
else
{
    if (!$section || $section == 'essentials')
    {
        if ($pun_user['g_id'] < PUN_GUEST)
        {
            if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN || $pun_config['p_mod_rename_users'] == '1')
                $username_field = '<input type="hidden" name="old_username" value="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).'" /><label><strong>'.$lang_common['Username'].'</strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_username" value="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).'" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>'."\n";
            else
                $username_field = '<p>'.$lang_common['Username'].': '.pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).'</p>'."\n";
$email_field = '<label><strong>'.$lang_common['E-mail'].'</strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_email" value="'.$user['email'].'" size="40" maxlength="50" /><br /></label><p><a href="misc.php?email='.$id.'">'.$lang_common['Send e-mail'].'</a></p>'."\n";
                        require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/pms.php';
            $email_field .= '<p><a
href="message_send.php?id='.$id.'">'.$lang_pms['Quick message'].'</a></p>'."\n";
            }
        else
        {
            $username_field = '<p>'.$lang_common['Username'].': '.pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).'</p>'."\n";

if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1')
                $email_field = '<p>'.$lang_common['E-mail'].': '.$user['email'].' - <a href="profile.php?action=change_email&id='.$id.'">'.$lang_profile['Change e-mail'].'</a></p>'."\n";
            else
                $email_field = '<label><strong>'.$lang_common['E-mail'].'</strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_email" value="'.$user['email'].'" size="40" maxlength="50" /><br /></label>'."\n";
        }

if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN)

here is what need to be done in the readme.txt file

#---------[ 18. FIND (line: 1050) ]-------------------------------------------------
#

$email_field = '<label><strong>'.$lang_common['E-mail'].'</strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_email" value="'.$user['email'].'" size="40" maxlength="50" /><br /></label><p><a href="misc.php?email='.$id.'">'.$lang_common['Send e-mail'].'</a></p>'."\n";

#
#---------[ 19. AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------------
#

require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/pms.php';
            $email_field .= '<p><a href="message_send.php?id='.$id.'">'.$lang_pms['Quick message'].'</a></p>'."\n";

#

once again, help! wink

Re: have a little problem with the private messaging mod

sorry, just corrected the second quote!

The requested URL /forums/message_send.php was not found on this server.

Did you forget to upload the file message_send.php by any chance? wink

Omg lol i did yeah. Forgot upload the 3 files from /files to / :$ just missed them ones. cheers soonotes smile

Two things i've noticed though is that you can only see the pm box after you've sent a message. also the layout of the pm box is out because i have my forums template set as 800X the same as my website (i think) i'm guessing the that the pm box is set as the default. Hope you know what i mean

atm it looks like this

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/Chris_Powell/untitled-2.jpg

see the private messages box is out of place tongue

anyone?

make your browser text size smaller wink

funny tongue kidding aside, that little problem is bugging the hell out of me *bangshead

i haven't got a clue how to correct it. i've checked through loads of files but nothing.

Is there anyway of correcting this peops? If not I?ll have to remove the pm mod. I could put the forum back to the default wide size but then the forums wouldn?t match the website and I?d be back to square one again sad

anyone? hmm

check this post:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=15339