Topic: Too many connections

Hey, thanx for PunBB, it's just fantastic and much nicer than others...

Here's mine : ForumPassat.fr
(It's a forum for Volkswagen Passat owners)

Anyway, that's not the point... I'm having "MySQL Error : Too many connections" errors when more than 5 users are connected at the same time, and just wondering if it's my hosting company's fault or PunBB's.

I tryed changing "false" to "true" in config.php, but that didn't make any difference.

Please help, chears.

2 (edited by Jérémie 2007-02-15 14:33)

Re: Too many connections

To keep it simple: that's on your hosting company. Not really their fault, since in heavily web shared environment the main weight on the SQL servers is the dataflow between them and the web server; so it may be logical to limit these.

So, if you don't pay much your hosting plan, that's normal and you should upgrade it. If you pay more, find a better quality/price deal somewhere else. Nota: if it happen with only 5 concurrents users, you should have a very, very basic plan... like maybe 20, 30 box a year, tops. Over that without a good reason, it's too expensive.

Edit: ok I just saw that you are French. You might want to try OVH (very cheap and overall quite good, especially for its prices; and very large), or maybe Infomaniak (but their plan are bigger and more expensive from the start). At OVH, maybe a 90plan or something like that might do the trick. Depending on your needs.

3 (edited by ekta 2007-02-15 15:39)

Merci beaucoup. (I suppose everybody here will understand)
My hosting company is Online.net, and I paid something like 30? for a year.

I might be off-topic, but what about Amen ?
Anyway, I'll have a look at OVH too.

I was just wondering, would it change something if I change the Visit timeout and Online timeout of admin options to something like 600 for Visit and 30 for Online ??

No, it wouldn't wink
I can think of one thing to check though. Make sure $p_connect in config.php is set to false (it should be unless you modified it)

It is... Thanx anyway, I'll deal the problem with the hosting company...

smile

Online isn't good. Free is mostly a very good ISP, but his subsidiaries Online don't handle well the dynamic websites.

Great... I just paid 1 month ago for a year... sad

You should have asked before (and people who know what they are talking about)...

Try to handle it with your support then. Maybe they can do something.

I'm actually trying to. Thank you for your support.

Just wanted to inform you that I changed the hosting company. (Now hosted by Infomaniak.)

No "too many connection" problem any more wink

Jérémie was right, Online.net sucks for php boards.

Thanks Jérémie !