Topic: User Blogs as a Mod

Not sure if this is the right forum but it seems the best fit.

I'm working on a mod to allow each registered user to have their own blog. If this has been done please let me know neutral

I've got the basics of it done but am having trouble with how to integrate it into the site. I want to leave the core files alone as much as possible and to work within the existing style of the forum.

To see what I have go to http://www.soonotes.com/test2/blogs.php

If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Re: User Blogs as a Mod

I am REALLY interested in this.  Do you have the mod files for me to install it and play around on my site with it?

thanks,

I will soon, probably a few days. It's coming along pretty good. I have a couple of issues to deal with for navigation and a bug or two with being fully validating xhtml. Other than that I will be releasing a 'beta' very soon.

I'm trying to cover all bases and don't plan to release anything until I am sure the only needed to go from the beta release to a full version will be to overwrite a couple of files and I still have of db columns to add.

Anyway, please check it out and let me know of any suggestions you have or any issues you think may come up. You can click on the link in my signature. There's a couple of usernames you can login with. All have limited mod priveleges and you can check out the user blogs plugin (this will be an admin plugin but I currently a mod plugin so you can check it out).

Usernames are test/testuser/blogger and passwords match.

Most of the links work now and feedback would be very much appreciated.

4 (edited by soonotes 2007-04-11 22:19)

FYI finley, I have now installed this on my site will submit it as a mod later today. Just finishing up the readme and testing it on a fresh install of PunBB.