Topic: How can I make mods not have silent edits?

How can I do that?

Re: How can I make mods not have silent edits?

Anyone please?

3 (edited by Mark 2007-04-15 09:02)

Give people time to reply..

open edit.php

find

if ($is_admmod)
{
    if ((isset($_POST['form_sent']) && isset($_POST['silent'])) || !isset($_POST['form_sent']))
        $checkboxes[] = '<label><input type="checkbox" name="silent" value="1" tabindex="'.($cur_index++).'" checked="checked" /> '.$lang_post['Silent edit'];

replace with

if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN)
{
    if ((isset($_POST['form_sent']) && isset($_POST['silent'])) || !isset($_POST['form_sent']))
        $checkboxes[] = '<label><input type="checkbox" name="silent" value="1" tabindex="'.($cur_index++).'" checked="checked" /> '.$lang_post['Silent edit'];

Of course, that only removes the checkbox, you have to make the same type of change to the code that processes the submitted form

Ah yeah that would just remove the text, but if I replaced it with the checkbox automatically unchecked then it would remove silent edit altogether as mods can check the box?

p0Wer wrote:

Ah yeah that would just remove the text, but if I replaced it with the checkbox automatically unchecked then it would remove silent edit altogether as mods can check the box?

You would need to remove the checkbox for moderators and change the form processing