Topic: Can't style under .postleft, .postfootleft

Hello,
I've spent hours trying to identify and style (color) a mystery div(s) in the viewtopic pages, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some help.

The mysterious div sits behind .postleft and .postfootleft.  It is the gray area in this screenshot:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/u … enshot.jpg

I'd like it, of course, to be the same color as .postleft and .postfootleft, so I'd like to identify it and style it.

According to Firefox Web Developer extension's dom tool, this area is .postright and .postfootright:
html > body #punbb > div #punwrap > div #punviewtopic .pun > div #p2 .blockpost rowodd firstpost > div .box > div .inbox > div .postright

html > body #punbb > div #punwrap > div #punviewtopic .pun > div #p3 .blockpost roweven > div .box > div .inbox > div .postfootright

But when I style these:

#punbb #punwrap #punviewtopic .blockpost .postfootright {background-color: gray;} /* for example */

They are apparently different divs, covering only the right "column" of the post, not the left "column" where the user information is displayed.

This screenshot shows the result of the previous style.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/u … styled.jpg

I wasn't sure whether I made that area gray or whether it came like that, but I used snagit and checked the color's hex in a photo editor, and searched for it in the CSS files, but found nothing that is styling this mystery element.

If anybody knows how I can get to this element and style it, pray tell!

Re: Can't style under .postleft, .postfootleft

I would say it is the body background.

It's a border with a 18em width.

In Oxygen you can see it at line 42:

DIV.postright, DIV.postfootright {BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f1f1f1}

In some of my styles I've opted to change it from a border to a margin.
You can do it like this:

DIV.postright, DIV.postfootright {BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0em !important; MARGIN-LEFT: 18em}

That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks so much. I would never have guessed an 18em border!

Rick