Topic: The Unsolveable Problem

I have some rogue HTML in my style or forum. I've been using firebug extensively to no prevail. Here's the problem, Category titles appear in the color #333333 and can hardly be read, but in IE they appear as #ffffff as they are supposed to. This wasn't always a problem but something changed, (to long ago to revert) and its now dark. I have pin pointed what I believe to me the problem but I can not find it's source to change.

Site URL: http://ice-warez.net

You have to use Firefox to see the problem

Problem: <font color="#333333" _moz-rs-heading="">Info</font>

I have no clue where delete this part and would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where this rogue html came from and where to delete it.

Thanks

Re: The Unsolveable Problem

search in include/functions.php for
function message

just below that is the <div>

For similar problems use a text editor with a search in files function such as UltraEdit.

either that or i recommend NotePad++. It is free and easy to use.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Kierownik, your proposed solution produced no results or I was unable to correct the problem. Here is the <div> located directly under "function message"

<div id="msg" class="block">
    <h2><span><?php echo $lang_common['Info'] ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
        <p><?php echo $message ?></p>
<?php if (!$no_back_link): ?>        <p><a href="javascript: history.go(-1)"><?php echo $lang_common['Go back'] ?></a></p>
<?php endif; ?>        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Which attribute there tells it to add the font color #333333?

Please help this rogue HTML is driving me crazy.

I know this might sound a daft question, but you haven't altered your colours in FF and told it to override website defaults, have you?

You obviously put a font tag in there somewhere. This part has an unclosed font tag:

<!-- message goes below here -->
<font color="#333333">Welcome to Ice-Warez, Enjoy your stay.<BR>
<!-- message goes above here -->

I'll put it simplier:
1 - download one of the above text editors
2 - install a copy of your forum directories in your local hard drive
3 - open the text editor
4 - UltraEdit, menu search, find in files, specify your root punbb installation directory, select *.* files
5 - search for "font"
6 - the text editor will open every file in punbb and search for "font"
7 - it will display the result, hence for, show you where is the problem
8 - you open the file, remove the tag, upload the changed file, and you're done

Well I am glad to see I am not a complete moron, I followed the directions exactly as fminmoso said to once again no prevail. UltraEdit did not find what I was looking for.

Any other suggestions concerning the rogue HTML that apparently has no source?

Check admin options for your announcement wink

Wow we got serious problems, I checked the announcement options and closed the font tag. No change was noticed from that but when I removed the font tag completely I was quite surprised. Practically all board text changed to white, At the moment I am really lost. Anymore suggestions? I am willing to provide w/e files or access needed to solve my mysterious rogue HTML problem.

Took some more troubleshooting and some playing with CSS but I fixed everything. I think I just needed to be pointed in the right direction. I spent so long trying to solve the problem that I missed the obvious even when it was staring at me. The problem was when I was designing the skin I didn't close that font tag and then continued building the site around that error. If anyone wants to see the completed skin they can register or ask me and I will post a screen shot wink

Thanks

- 32 Degrees