Topic: Avatars problem

Im having problem  uploading avatars in the profile Personality  page i get a error "The server was unable to save the uploaded file"
so looking on fourms seen a post similar to mine a went into the profile.php

if (!@move_uploaded_file($uploaded_file['tmp_name'], $pun_config['o_avatars_dir'].'/'.$id.'.tmp'))

got rid of thr @ and tells me now this

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to access /img/avatars/3.tmp in /mounted-storage/home24b/sub001/sc22355-GSXR/Lightsembrace/forum/profile.php on line 365

so any help whould be great ^_^

Re: Avatars problem

Have you set the avatars folder to CHMOD 0777?

Still says The server was unable to save the uploaded file even know i chmod 0777 on the ava folder what other folders do i need to chmod besides that anything else cause dosent work -,-

Did you change your avatar directory? Try removing the slash at the beginning of the directory path: the default PunBB folder is img/avatars, not /img/avatars

lol it worked ty feel like a noob now tongue

6 (edited by Cds39 2007-04-07 22:54)

What was it that was supposed to be CHMOD 0777?

Cds39 wrote:

What was it that was supposed to be CHMOD 0777?

The avatar directory.

and where is the avatar directory? Do i need a program or something?

I have a problem with avatars too. Even if it's within the required measures, it says:

The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at xxxxxxxx

So if anyone is kind enough to re-explain about CHMOD 0777, and what a newbie needs to do about the forums directories for that, then I'll be so thankful.

Thanks in advance.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

http://catcode.com/teachmod/

11 (edited by Papillon 2007-04-24 21:35)

In other words, how do I chmod the avatars folder?
I don't think that I am the one able to change permissions for directories..or am I?

EDIT: Oh! Does that mean the change the numeric value of the fodler from 755 to 777?

EDIT2: I did that, and the permissions changed. I added the slash as advised up there, and it still doesn't work.

Last edit: Removed the slash again, and it WORKS!

Wow, thanks a million everyone.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.