Topic: Date?

I just installed PunBB locally and I get the following message:

Warning: date(): Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in e:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\punbb-1.1.1\upload\include\functions.php on line 587

Warning: date(): Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in e:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\punbb-1.1.1\upload\include\functions.php on line 597

I looked into functions.php but it loks fine, and my clock is on todays date... any ideas?

Re: Date?

When do you get that error?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I changed the date sequence from "Y-m-d" to the opposite order (use in france)... but now it disappeared... no idea what had happened

I think I got it

when a new user registers, it's noted that he joined last time on january 1st 1970 at 00.00 hours...

if he's eastwards from greenwich, it puts him an hour (or more) before, which puts the "first time" in 1969, and windows doesn't agree...

if you disconnect and reconnect it disappears...

Hmm, that's odd. When someone registers, their registered date and last visit date is set to "now", so that shouldn't happen.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well, it happened to me (as admin) but a couple of buddies who registered didn't have the problem.

I had a small problem and had to reinstall (I messed my mySQL base) and had the same again... I had it again, but I paid more attantion to it:

it appeared when server and admin had different timezone (admin 1 hour more). If I put the time zone to teh same value (or admin in a more eastern zone) it's ok again.

but.. for the moment, I won't search more... I have to leave and it's only a temporary server... I'll install punbb on a definitive server in a week or so, and I'll see what happens then. maybe my server is a bit tired or something wink

Ok, great. I appreciate any help I can get to track down the problem.

This issue has been resolved and a fix will be included in the next version of PunBB.

thx smile

To clarify. The issue that has been resolved is the date problem for the very first user, the one that is created during installation. Other users shouldn't be affected.

When I converted from phpbb.. all my uses have "registered 1969-31-12" !

looks stupid:p

Endre: That probably means there's a problem with the converter. Perhaps you could contact the author of the converter and tell him about it?

Yes, I guess I have to smile