Topic: Migrating from FUDForum

I am migrating a fairly large forum from FUDForum to PunBB. I notice there are no conversion tools available.

I have however been able migrate most of the data manually, but are having problems moving the messages. It is difficult to understand the logic in how FUDForum stores these, and you really cant expect the FUDForum community to help you out.

Anyone have any experience migrating from FUDForum?

Re: Migrating from FUDForum

your best bet would be to migrate from FUDForum to something like PHPbb or SMF(simplemachines) then to PunBB. i know VB has a import tool for FUDForum, i just looked.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Thanks.

VB? Do you have a link?

Maybe thats not necessary. I found a FUD-converter to SMF1.1.

There are a converter from SMF1.05 to PunBB. Not an exact match, but I guess it is as close as it gets.

VB is vBulletin, in this discussion someone is asking for a FUD -> vB converter and is given a link which seems broken, try your luck asking yourself in those forums.

Thanks a lot for the help Strofanto.

Just wanted to report in that migrating from FUDforum to SMT, and then from SMT to PunBB worked great. Users and post converted without any problems. There where a few problems converting stuff like polls and attachments, but it was of no importance to me.

Saved me several hours of work.