Topic: Is Captchabox likely to work with 1.2.14?

Dear All,

It seems that the most recent release of Captcabox is designed for PunBB 1.2.11.
I have 1.2.14 installed.  Is this version of Captchabox likely to work with 1.2.14 if I hack its install_mod.php?

Thanks for any advice.

Phil.

Re: Is Captchabox likely to work with 1.2.14?

Yes.

Thanks.  It seems to have worked.

By the way, if the captchabox author is reading: you might like to investiage a couple of traditional Unix utilities called "diff" and "patch".  They would remove the need for all the time-consuming and error-prone manual editting that you describe in the readme file.

Cheers - Phil.

endecotp wrote:

By the way, if the captchabox author is reading: you might like to investiage a couple of traditional Unix utilities called "diff" and "patch".  They would remove the need for all the time-consuming and error-prone manual editting that you describe in the readme file.

Nearly all PunBB mods use this sort of readme format. It's part of Rickard's MDK (available on the downloads page).

Hopefully with the advent of the extension system in 1.3, sometime in the future neither readme files nor patches will be necessary.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Hi guys.
I couldn't install the captchabox as I have punbb 1.2.13. And since I have no idea what did endecotp mean by hacking, I wonder if there is any other solution that works the same (prevent or reduce bot registring) till the release of the extension system.
Thanks.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10518

Thanks Smartys. smile
I just didn't know how was that technically called to search for it.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.