Topic: when tried to Register from a same IP

When more than one from the same ip tried to register in the forum from the same ip it shows the error message that   "A new user was registered with the same IP address as you within the last hour. To prevent registration flooding, at least an hour has to pass between registrations from the same IP. Sorry for the inconvenience."

How can i reduce the time interval for new registration from the same ip address.

Regards

Re: when tried to Register from a same IP

Try elbekko's custom register timeout mod.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

3 (edited by adithyan 2007-05-12 18:21)

i tried to install Custom Register Timout 1.0.1 for my PunBB 1.2.15, but it showed the below error

An error was encountered
File: Array
Line:

PunBB reported: Unable to alter the config table

How can i solve this?

Regards,

Please enable debug mode & paste the full error message.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

how i enable debug mode?

Please take a look at HOWTO: enable DEBUG mode.

7 (edited by adithyan 2007-05-16 05:41)

I enabled the debug mode but its not shows any errors,

Below is the  forum
http://www.genebuzz.com/forum

Pls check the URL in which error occurred when i tried to install
http://www.genebuzz.com/forum/install_mod_CRT.php

Regards,

my problem is not yet solved

In that case, just skip elbekko's mod and remove this block of code from register.php:

// Check that someone from this IP didn't register a user within the last hour (DoS prevention)
    $result = $db->query('SELECT 1 FROM '.$db->prefix.'users WHERE registration_ip=\''.get_remote_address().'\' AND registered>'.(time() - 3600)) or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

if ($db->num_rows($result))
        message('A new user was registered with the same IP address as you within the last hour. To prevent registration flooding, at least an hour has to pass between registrations from the same IP. Sorry for the inconvenience.');