Topic: Blacklist Integratation with Project HoneyPot

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/5days_wednesday.php

Of interest would be the Http:BL API which may help provide boards with protection.

I suspect that this may be too fundamental for an extension.

--Alan

Re: Blacklist Integratation with Project HoneyPot

would be a welcomed addition for sure. smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Moved to PunBB Discussion

I don't think it is smile
It looks to me like you would just add a DNS query early on in the code (ie: a hook in check_cookie). And evaluate it within there.

Plus, an extension could offer more flexability in terms of configuring (ie: at what threat level/days since/threat type do you want to block?)

good points. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

In fact, I'll see if I can make it into an extension at some point (not atm and not this week probably, I'm a bit busy, but maybe next week)

does that mean 1.3 is to a point you CAN? wink

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

We've had several hooks in the code for a while now: nowhere near as many as we will have, but there are places I can put the code for an extension like this right now smile

Should be very easy to do, as I already did that once with another block list. I haven't done anything with my mod in a year or two, but it should work without issues on all .2 versions seeing as it doesn't really modify PunBB's code in any way other that adding one include statement. If I remember correctly, I also left in an option in the admin plugin to add a new blocklist provider, so I would think you could get started using that thing right away.

Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=3380
I made a mod specifically for this list wink