Topic: Upgrading from previous to 1.3

If you have alot of mods or custom scripts installed with a current version of punbb will it be hard to upgrade to 1.3?

Re: Upgrading from previous to 1.3

Will it be hard to upgrade to vanilla 1.3? Probably not.

However, your mods will not be carried over. You'll have to wait until their developers convert them into extensions or do so yourself (as far as I know a beta version of 1.3 will be released for this purpose).

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

We'll if 'you' yourself are the developer then obviously you will be the one to move them over. But the thing is, will the current functions.php be seriously altered for the new 1.3?

See for yourself (subject to change, of course).

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

There will not be an hdiff or patch from 1.2-1.3 as far as I know, simply because there are too many changes. You'll need to overwrite all your old files and then run the db_update.php script to update your database. All of your mods will be gone (although not any data they may have stored in the database).  As pogenwurst said, mods will need to be rewritten with the new system.

thanks  - bookmarked

towelie wrote:

thanks  - bookmarked

That link is only to changeset 964 for one file: it won't show what the final version for 1.3 will be
Not to mention that any use of 1.3 at this stage is completely unsupported (I feel the need to add this to my 1.3 related posts these days)

Oh yeah, I don't even plan on testing it until it finishes beta.