Topic: Reputation Mod- Default Rating

What would I have to do in order to set a default rating for the reputation mod?

Right now, each new member starts with a reputation of 0. I would like for everyone to begin at 10. Thanks!

1,000 Free Ad Impressions On My punBB Forum

Re: Reputation Mod- Default Rating

Can you modify the default value of the reputation column in the users table? I've never used the reputation mod so I'm not sure how it's structured, but this method seems logical.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Good idea. I checked it out when I installed it and it didnt look like I could.

Which reputation mod do you use?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I dont remember who wrote it, but I believe it was version 1.2 or 1.1.2, something like that.

Is it this or this?

This one:

http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=106

Thank you for helping me out on this.

switch ($db_type)

{

case 'mysql':

case 'mysqli':

$sql = 'ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'users 

ADD COLUMN reputation_minus INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0,

ADD COLUMN reputation_plus INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0,

ADD COLUMN last_reputation_voice INT UNSIGNED

';

break;

}

Can you set the default value of reputation_plus to 10 and that of last_reputation_voice to the ID of the administrator?

When you check to see if this works or not, keep in mind that it will only apply to new users.

9 (edited by tryadmin 2007-05-25 13:14)

Looks great, Ill give it a shot right now. Thanks!!

BTW- Where in the page do you recommend me inserting this code?

Just change the default from 0 to 10

ADD COLUMN reputation_plus INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 10,

tryadmin wrote:

Looks great, Ill give it a shot right now. Thanks!!

BTW- Where in the page do you recommend me inserting this code?

You shouldn't insert it anywhere. It's code copied from install_mod.php to give you some idea of the DB structure. Assuming you already have the mod installed, you need to use phpMyAdmin or another tool to modify the column(s) (depending on whether you need the last voice column to be set from the beginning).

If you go into phpmyadmin and change the 1 to a 10, the rep mod doesnt work for that user. Its because the 1 means that the rep mod is enabled from the users profile. A 0 would mean they disabled it. Its not actually for the default value- same way for the admin. Somethings got to be changed in the PHP file so that it sends a 10 to the database when a new user registers.

If reputation_plus enables/disables the mod, what does reputation_minus do?

The mod you linked to does not give the user an option to enable/disable in the users profile. Which mod are you using?

Thats the one Im using- the one I posted earlier. In the users profile, they can disable other users from being able to rate them, and that in turn, disables them from rating others.

thankyou...problem is solved