1 (edited by Ropli 2007-05-19 04:50)

Topic: Profile Adjustments

Would been great if there was any addon or someone that could show me an way to do the following things, I'm average in php and excellent when it comes to xhtml and css, just to give you an idea of my knowledge when it comes to coding.

What I would like is (most likely self done without addons):
- Add more fields to the profile (character name, character class, race, level, realm..) - How would I do this? How do I add it to the profile and MySQL?
- Last visits, the last users shown up with link to their profile that has viewed the profile you're currently viewing.
- Visits done by registered members showing up in profiles.
- Last 5 forum replies showing up in profile with links to each forum reply.
- Last 5 forum topics showing up in profile with links to each forum topic.

Example for Last visits

Last Visits
- Ropli
- Ropli
- Ropli
- Ropli
- Ropli
- Ropli

Example for Last 5 forum replies / topics in profiles

Thanks In advance,
and yes I posted this on punres aswell, but didn't get any answer so I went ahead and posted here aswell hopefully better luck here smile

Re: Profile Adjustments

Moved to Modifications wink

Alright, thanks Smartys smile

Sorry about posting it in wrong section.

I managed to get the new fields done myself aswell as a view counter on each profile.

But I'm still looking for the code / addon for listing the last users that has visited the profile aswell as latest replies and topics on viewing profile.

Some other things I've been thinking about is a comment / guestbook for each user, where other users could comment it straight on their profile and a possible way to add friends, which would show up in their profile, listed.

so, what you are thinking is that we should a user profile commenting system? seems like a good idea to me. It would probably make a great extension in punbb 1.3.

Tubby wrote:

so, what you are thinking is that we should a user profile commenting system? seems like a good idea to me. It would probably make a great extension in punbb 1.3.

Well, at the moment I just want it for my community site wink

Ropli wrote:

I managed to get the new fields done myself aswell as a view counter on each profile.

Ropli

How did you add the new fields?
Did you add options to the profile page?

I'm trying to add a yes/no field to profiles, with a radio button (and associated processing) in the profile page.
Any tips/ideas/code?

Thanks

--Alan