Topic: Moderators permissions

I have a site with 10 forums, each having 1-2 moderators.

I have been having some spam problems lately, and often the moderators notice this first in other forums than where they have permission to moderate.

Is there a way of letting all moderators have permission to delete messages. Also in forums they do not moderate?

I feel that making everybody administrator in every forum, would just make it unclear who has the main responsibility.

Re: Moderators permissions

Make global moderators, assign them to all the forums you have.

Not without modifying the code or making them administrators, the whole point of giving moderator permissions in certain forums is to control where individual moderators can edit/delete.

I would suggest looking into more effective methods to combat the spam problem? Are you talking about human spam or spambots?

Thanks for the suggestions. I did not think about the possibility of making some of them administrator (the former forum I used, had just one administrator and multiple moderators).

Currently it is just 1-2 messages a day(human and bots), so it is really more of an annoyance than a real problem right now. I guess Ill have to look at more effective ways if it escalates.

Thanks a lot.