Topic: Need SEO Friendly Forums

Hi,

I just came across about PunBB from sNews .In the first impression it seems to to be simple , light weight and promising Forum .I have tried other Forums like phpBB & VB Bulleting but they are too big.

I have yet to explore PunBB but it seems that it lack SEO Friendly URLs feature which required by all and is the need of the hour.As of now I feel that vbSEO is one of the SEO friendly forum software .Please try to see http://forum.time2dine.co.nz/seo-vbulle … -5193.html which is based on vbSEO and try to checkout their URL how friendly they are indeed.

It will be worth to think for the SEO friendly static URL and it can make difference.

Re: Need SEO Friendly Forums

1.3 (the version currently under development) already allows for people to use "Fancy URLs" via mod_rewrite smile

And to be strictly accurate this is SEF not SEO, the latter of which involves statistical analysis of search patterns to optomise content and is therefore out of the question for any site which has user contributed content.

in this case you are 100 % person right .. but

Smartys wrote:

1.3 (the version currently under development) already allows for people to use "Fancy URLs" via mod_rewrite smile

is there will be any way for older versons of punbb to get that Facility ... we realy want it from now ..

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Modifications exist to add that sort of functionality, but there are no plans to backport the change smile

SuperMAG wrote:

in this case you are 100 % person right .. but

Smartys wrote:

is there will be any way for older versons of punbb to get that Facility ... we realy want it from now ..

You might try the punOOgle mod.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Note that even without pretty and smart URL, PunBB 1.2 is one of the best like forum software by Google & co.