Topic: Administrator / Moderator confirmation of new members.

It would be nice if one could make PunBB closed type of forum.  Eg. that one that wants to join forum, should be confirmed by administrator / moderator.

I hope this idea is not a crazy one.

Re: Administrator / Moderator confirmation of new members.

That's not difficult to do right now. Simply create a new user group, take away its permissions, and set it as the default group for new users.

3 (edited by mpinter 2007-06-07 20:44)

Smartys wrote:

That's not difficult to do right now. Simply create a new user group, take away its permissions, and set it as the default group for new users.

Yep, I already did that.  But it is complicate to explain users that first they have to register and then to log in and then send me email and only then they will become confirmed users.

And of course explain the difference between unconfirmed and confirmed user.  But - as you pointed out - it works.

They don't have to email you; just add your email to the list of addresses to notify of new user registrations.

Or do you want users to write something saying why they should join?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

They don't have to email you; just add your email to the list of addresses to notify of new user registrations.

Or do you want users to write something saying why they should join?

I want them to prove to me that they are eligible to join (in particular to be residents of the new building we all moved in).  We are gonna sue investor of the building for many errors and naturally we do not want investor to read what we talk between ourselves.

I see. Does it matter if prospective registrants see each others' "proof"? If not, then you can make a single forum only accessible to them in which they may "prove" themselves.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

I see. Does it matter if prospective registrants see each others' "proof"? If not, then you can make a single forum only accessible to them in which they may "prove" themselves.

Oh, yeah, this is a possibility, but it is less secure and not much simpler for use.  But thanks for the idea anyway.

Marko

Or you could have the users register and create a forum that only newly registered users can see (but not post in) that explains what information to send to get confirmed

Smartys wrote:

Or you could have the users register and create a forum that only newly registered users can see (but not post in) that explains what information to send to get confirmed

That I'll do.