1 (edited by Burnsy86 2007-06-09 01:33)

Topic: Editing Styles after Installing

In order to add a new style/skin you have to use the AP_Style_Installer plugin.  Well if I install a new style, can I edit the CSS and then just FTP overwrite the old CSS or would I have to install the new style all over again?

For example:

I installed a new style that was green and yellow. (not really, but thats just an example)

Then, after it was installed, I decided to change it to green and grey.

Could I just overwrite the old CSS file or would I have to install it all over again?

Re: Editing Styles after Installing

Burnsy86 wrote:

In order to add a new style/skin you have to use the AP_Style_Installer plugin.

Well, no, styles are simply a file uploaded to the style directory. I don't know what the Style Installer plugin is, but I assume that's all it does

Burnsy86 wrote:

Well if I install a new style, can I edit the CSS and then just FTP overwrite the old CSS or would I have to install the new style all over again?

For example:

I installed a new style that was green and yellow. (not really, but thats just an example)

Then, after it was installed, I decided to change it to green and grey.

Could I just overwrite the old CSS file or would I have to install it all over again?

So yes, just edit the CSS on the server

Oh I guess the ap_style_installer mod is for automatic installation (it needs write permissions).  So what I described would be a manual installation, ok, I get it now!

the style installer let's you just upload an packaged style that you downloaded say from PunRes. link

if you want to edit the style's css files(or any file for that matter) directly on the server you could use the PunBB Text/File Editor.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more