Topic: Suitable Layout?

Greetings,

This is the XHTML/CSS layout I use on my website: http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/3514

I now wish to use PunBB as an events calender.  How difficult would it be to integrate PunBB within the above layout?

Thanks.

Re: Suitable Layout?

It's hard to say. Sometimes designs and PunBB play nicely with each other, sometimes they need a lot of work. It's best just to take a quick crack at it and evaluate how much more work it'll need.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

man im having a really hard hell of a time using an external css design from www.oswd.org

as far as i can tell i have to edit 3 or more files.
for one you have to edit your main.tpl, and the theme_cs.css (and theme.css)
this is sooo annoying its a pain in the arse cause punbb doesnt use what i would guess is proper css.  mabe it is, but all the themes at www.oswd.org are not the same as punbb's. alot of editing and figuring out.

can someone break it down?

PunBB's CSS is by all means "proper".

There's no way to "break it down", you just have to try it and address whatever errors you encounter. If you can't solve the errors yourself, then feel free to post a link and ask on these forums.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Editing the CSS is the fun part wink

And it's to be expected that generic templates (from a site like OSWD) are different from templates for a specific piece of forum software. As people have said, you need to edit the template to fit your needs