1 (edited by Loa 2007-06-13 23:09)

Topic: <image> instead of the displaying the image

Heya!

Well this strange thing appeared yesterday.. I dont know exactly when it happened but ... Im building a site to my group of friends with Punbb as backend .. yet we try to modify Punbb as little as possible to make updates so easy as possible..

But now the parser doesnt parser the images any longer. A link with the text "<image>" popups instead.
When making a post it sais that Img tag:on. soo.. I dont know where I made a change...settings?

Cheers Carl!

Re: <image> instead of the displaying the image

From lang/English/common.php

'Image link'            =>    'image',    // This is displayed (i.e. <image>) instead of images when "Show images" is disabled in the profile

3 (edited by Loa 2007-06-14 14:43)

Thanks alot!
I managed to trace the error thanks to you smartys..

But the error is kinda wierd. We have added a external header and footer php file to the forum so it slims into the rest of the webpage.

In the header we check for user permissions to view the different pages.
I have added a coloumn to the user table in the database that is called rights to the right.

So .. now the forum can't fetch user properties ... the list users works but all pages to edit profile and such is bugged.
Do you know something that could cause this Smarty?

Edit:
Oh and cause of this.. the forum believes everybody have "show images" in posts unchecked....

Edit2:
This is the code that is related to punbb in header.php:

define('PUN_ROOT', '../forum/');
define('PUN_QUIET_VISIT', 0);
require_once PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

Edit3:
I removed the code that I put up in edit2. And my code still works.. I was stupid to place it there in the first place.
Images, smilies and such works again wippi!

but.. I still have the problem with the settings on user profile page.
Example is that if I want to change ppls user group then it sais the standard group in the list. Whatever group he/her belong to. This is very annoying when you want to set the moderator status for different pages cause that never shows up.

Could you post your code?
Oh, and if you want PUN_QUIET_VISIT to not happen, don't define it. Otherwise, define it as 1 (otherwise, it looks confusing)