Topic: it's no use that ' email required ' for guest posting

when you post as a guest.
there will be required "your email"
but you post with your email,there can not displayed,the mod and the admin also can't know the "email" with guest.
although that "email required" can be disabled in permission,but on posting that table still in page,it's no use,how to move that,
and how to know guest's emaiL/

sad

Re: it's no use that ' email required ' for guest posting

Hmm, I can't understand what you're trying to say hmm

so u cant do anything

Apexfinest: Consider yourself warned. Do not hijack other people's topics. My post in your topic was very clear. If you have any questions about it, send me an email.

I?mean

yourname  your email  title..

but it's no use require email.cauz we all cant see the guest's email on their post or anywhere

I understand what you are trying to do. but anyone can create a fake email...... johndoe@local.host and the punbb will take that.
add that and the captcha functions will reduce spam bots and hackers.

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

qie wrote:

cauz we all cant see the guest's email on their post or anywhere

Basically what your saying is that when a guest makes a post you cannot see his e-mail address.

If you hover over the 'E-Mail' button under his name on the viewtopic.php (topic) page then it will shows you his e-mail in the status bar. On the other hand if you click this button then it will open your default mail app and start to create a new mail.

Hope that helps... big_smile

that works as you said Steven..

but i'm not using the option "show user info in topic" so that problem went to me.

thanks.

Well, if you don't care about the email address requirement, simply disabling the requirement is the eaisest way to do this. The input is still there, but it isn't required for people to fill it out.