Topic: trouble with users logging in...but not

First, thanks for punbb. It's  my first time using it, and overall the change has been a smooth one.

I am running into a problem with a couple of users running IE6 where they succesfully log in, but after the page refresh they are not logged in. It seems to be that their browsers are not accepting the cookies for some reason. The trouble is that I had the users add the domain to their allowed section and had them set "allow all cookies from all domains" in their internet options with no success.

I saw the FAQ entry about IE6, but the site is not using any frames or redirection. I can't duplicate this as the only windows machine I have available is my wife's and it's IE7.

the domain is http://www.semww.org/forums. If anyone can help point me in a direction that might help these users I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: trouble with users logging in...but not

The problem is that you link them to www.semww.org but when they login they're redirected to semww.org
Set $cookie_domain in config.php to .semww.org

Thanks for the help. I forgot to consider the redirecting of a login. I was only thinking of one domain redirecting to get to the forums initially. That seems to have fixed things up.

4 (edited by apgroner 2007-06-27 21:35)

I have the same problem, tried the solution but it didn't help. I cleared cache, cookies, etc. Strangely, this worked fine until all of a sudden it didn't. All I did was play with the css files. Troubleshooting, I restored the changed files to the originals. But I still can't get in. My login is accepted, but after redirect it says "you are not logged in". I was just about to go live with the forum, so I am in pretty urgent need of some good advice! Thanks in advance.

PS: On Mac OSX, using Safari, Firefox and Flock

Solved the problem. Somehow, I had deleted the Guest user. Restoring that solved the problem. :-)