1 (edited by firejunk 2007-07-06 15:53)

Topic: HOW TO: Change moderator post color.

**elbekko figured out this wonderful solution smile

This was originally a question, and elbekko solved it. Because so many ppl were interested in how to do this, I decided to explain how to.

First of all, you need to change the color for admin posts if you haven't already. Learn this here. Now edit viewtopic.php . Around line 328, find

<?php echo '<div class="'.($cur_post['group_id'] == PUN_ADMIN ? 'adminmsg' : 'postmsg').'">'; ?>

and replace with

<?php echo '<div class="'.($cur_post['group_id'] == PUN_ADMIN ? 'adminmsg' : (($cur_post['group_id'] == PUN_MOD) ? 'adminmsg' : 'postmsg')).'">'; ?>

. This will change the color of moderator's posts to the color of admin post too.

Re: HOW TO: Change moderator post color.

Bump. Interested in this also.

Good idea, I am also interested.

Isn't this described in the same wiki article? hmm

Yes, this is in the Wiki I just found it: How To Change Moderator Text Color

Im still having a problem tho, in the article all it does you how to change the post color of admin posts. I don't see where it says how to change it for moderator. I got to thinking tho, maybe there is a way to change this coding...

<?php echo '<div class="'.($cur_post['group_id'] == PUN_ADMIN ? 'adminmsg' : 'postmsg').'">'; ?>

Is there a way to change the group_id part so that adminmsg applies to both moderators and admins? I know its probably obvious, but im completly dumb on this tongue

<?php echo '<div class="'.($cur_post['group_id'] == PUN_ADMIN ? 'adminmsg' : (($cur_post['group_id'] == PUN_MOD) ? 'modmsg' : 'postmsg')).'">'; ?>

Something like that.

o thank you very much!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile

-------------------------------------------------------
the posts above were made before this became a HOW TO, they were from when this topic was a NEED HELP. Just a heads up^