1 (edited by MattF 2007-07-19 21:35)

Topic: Another login/logout loop question

I know this subject has appeared a few times in the past, big_smile but just wanting to enquire as to whether anyone can offer suggestions as to the best course for finding the problem. Everything is generally working fine, but I have just one user, running XP, that keeps getting logged out after the login redirect. Initially they were using IE, but they have installed Firefox and the same scenario is occuring. What other possibilities for causing this problem are there? This one has me completely stumped.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Re: Another login/logout loop question

Unless someone else can replicate it, I can only assume it's an issue with their settings for cookies
Could it be going to www versus non-www?

Smartys wrote:

Unless someone else can replicate it, I can only assume it's an issue with their settings for cookies
Could it be going to www versus non-www?

Just double checked on that. She's been using the correct address. Got some screenshots that show everything fine in that regard. Correct URI, in all shots.

One other thing I will mention. When she attempted registering, I ended up, eventually, manually creating an account as she was unable to register. Several attempts at registration, her username wasn't in the admin userlist, so registration would appear to have stumbled at some point before completion too, although I can't verify exactly what/where the problem encountered was on the registration side of things.

This does appear to be an isolated occurence. Several registrations have gone through fine with no glitches whatsoever today, so it's not a global problem, and the forum has been as usual, with no other person mentioning login problems, so that isn't suffering problems either.

It's the fact that the condition is apparent on two different browsers that is surprising me. big_smile Could Windoze itself have an indirect effect in that regard? Might this possibly be related to a hardware, ie: firewall/router issue? Or possibly even software firewall related? I'm just at a total loss as to what to check next.

Thanks again.

Can you try logging into her account and see if you have the issue?

Smartys wrote:

Can you try logging into her account and see if you have the issue?

Have just checked. I can login under her username fine.

Just an update on this one. Been working through possibilities one by one over the last several days, and from what info I've managed to get, it was some form of parental access/cookie blocker feature within Mcafee causing the problem.

Cheers.