1 (edited by yannick 2007-07-31 21:54)

Topic: mailing in punbb seems not to work anymore

Hi,

I noticed that punBB is not able anymore to send emails... I discovered this when new users couldn't receive there "confirmation-email" when registrering (neither does the internal feature of sending emails among users work). I don't know how to track down the problem for this, since I don't see any errors popping up... However, I did change hosts recently, probably that has to do something with it. I'm wondering what can be done about this?

I conjectured already the following problems
- php is configured wrong
- I guess sending those mails is done by SMTP (and the mailserver is down)
- some permissions are set incorrectly
- some cronjob is not properly installed by just re-uploading the files to the new server.

Thanks in advance

Re: mailing in punbb seems not to work anymore

PunBB doesn't use cronjobs smile
Did you enter SMTP details for your forum?

I did not.

My previous (own) box, used a local mail-program (therefore the blanc field in the administration panel did not really cause any problem, I guess)

I will try to find a SMTP server and let you know if it worked!

thanks smile

It worked smile Thanks for your time.

my mail system wors fine with out adding the mail server info. humm i use to have big issue with that with my old host. come to find out they was listed on some blacklist because a client was spamming...

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

You don't always have to add information, you only need to if you're using SMTP. If your server doesn't allow use of the mail function, you need to use SMTP wink